• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Jenkins has been a great supporter of the 2A. I do not find he is the only one and he has been in office quite some time. I am one for new blood every x terms in order to keep everyone in line. I had the chance to ask kevin grubb some questions:

Mr Grubb,

I have a few questions for you.

Do you oppose/support citizens to Conceal Carry Firearms?

What is your opinion on the FSA of 2013 / SB 281.

Would you enforce these laws in Frederick?

What is your view on the Sheriff's role in approving/disapproving NFA applications (that need signatures from you)

Is your role to enforce all laws or only those that coincide with the Constitution?

Thank you.

Mr. Jpo183, thanks for the questions and yes, I fully support citizens’ right to receive CCW permits, after meeting the requirements currently in place. I am concerned with the unjustified or random denials of these permits by the MSP. I recently learned that a friend who works in Law Enforcement applied for, and was denied a permit and I encouraged him to appeal that decision. I do agree with past arugments that the law should be changed to “Shall” and not “May” issue.

In early 2013, I applied for and received a permit myself, even though I am permitted to carry a firearm under H.R. 218, Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, signed July 22, 2004 by President George W. Bush. I carry both cards. If you recall, there was local discussion in 2011 about giving the Sheriff the authority to issue CCW permits, but the initiative lacked support by our local representatives.

If you ask those who know me, they will tell you, I don’t like to hear “It will not happen” on common sense issues.That only fuels my determination to make change. So we can talk more later.
    A recent decision in California stated a three-member panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, acting on a 2009 lawsuit, ruled in a 2-1 decision that San Diego County's restrictions amounted to an unconstitutional infringement on citizens' Second Amendment rights to bear arms, which opens the door for more lawsuits nationwide. Maryland’s laws may face the same hurdles.

Yes, I support the right of citizens to own class III firearms. I realize SB281 has dramatically restricted those rights, but if California courts are saying their laws are unconstitutionally infringing on citizens' Second Amendment rights to bear arms,
    there is hope for the citizens of Maryland.

Your last question about signing off on NFA applications, I would need more information from the applicant before making a decision and signing ATF form 4 Section 17.

There are so many laws that make no sense and Law Enforcement must always use discretion on how to apply. While with the City Police we used common sense when applying the law, which isn't always used to create laws in Annapolis and Washington. The Constitution is a better tool for Law Enforcement and our application of common sense enforcement. If we enforced every law all the time, half the county would need to be deputized to help process the arrests.

In 2011 there was a lot of talk from Sheriff Jenkins about issuing concealed permits locally and upon getting push back from state delegates he quit. I can guarantee you, I will not quit, even if they allow local law enforcement to do backgrounds for carry permits we would be better off and hopefully that would expedite the process. We need to keep chipping away at the process.

I hope I answered your questions, please contact me anytime.

Have a great weekend

Kevin

Last edited:

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Sheriff

Question: What is your opinion on the FSA of 2013 / SB 281.

I really think this question should have been more specific.
    Like what actions will he take if directed to confiscate.
    Sheriff Jenkins was specific at the SB281 hearing.

I think your questions were to vague.
    I think his answers were to vague.

I will support Chuck Jenkins until a better candidate is available.
    Right now no one even comes close.

Last edited:

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Question: What is your opinion on the FSA of 2013 / SB 281.

I really think this question should have been more specific.
    Like what actions will he take if directed to confiscate.
    Sheriff Jenkins was specific at the SB281 hearing.

I think your questions were to vague.
    I think his answers were to vague.

I will support Chuck Jenkins until a better candidate is available.
    Right now no one even comes close.

You can always ask him. I can copy your question and send it if you like.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    Holy scheisse. That guy is running for sherriff? I thought he was a homeless dude hanging out on the corner of Patrick and Market every day.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Jenkins has been a great supporter of the 2A. I do not find he is the only one and he has been in office quite some time. I am one for new blood every x terms in order to keep everyone in line. I had the chance to ask kevin grubb

JPO,

Do you recommend people replace their CPA and/or payroll service every few years as well?

You know, just to keep the vendors honest, and to see if anyone else might be better - even if you are perfectly happy with your existing service?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    JPO,

Do you recommend people replace their CPA and/or payroll service every few years as well?

You know, just to keep the vendors honest, and to see if anyone else might be better - even if you are perfectly happy with your existing service?

Private service vs Public elected officials are two different things. You cannot compare the two. Even so, comparing what else is out there is always a good thing. It makes the current vendor better and ensures that you are getting the best.

When public officials stay in office for two long they begin to "own" the position and they start to concentrate to much power. I am a huge believer in term limits for ALL positions for both the GOOD and the BAD politicians. This goes for Smiegel, Shultz, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, etc.

Analyzing a person on a single issue is not wise. Being pro 2A is EXTREMELY important in my decisions, but there are also other factors that are just as important.

Personally I believe Jenkins has been an excellent supporter of the 2A however there are some other issues/events that are questionable.

I do wish we could hear from our deputies inside on their thoughts as that would have more weight (for me at least) then anything anyone outside could say.

Whether Chuck or Kevin wins the position is a win for Fredrick County. They are both excellent candidates.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I do wish we could hear from our deputies inside on their thoughts as that would have more weight (for me at least) then anything anyone outside could say.

You do realize the odds of that happening on here is almost zero, right? Just like most Frederick County employees that you know, will probably not reveal who their employer is on MDS. They will reveal it to you in person, because they don't want to have their employer associated with anything they post. FCG and FCSO employees have to adhere to a strict policy where social media in any form is allowed, as long as they are not speaking in their official capacity in any way. FCG employees are allowed to voice their opinions, but they can not let on that they are employees of FCG, because it may appear that they are speaking on behalf of FCG. The same holds true for FCSO.

If you want to hear what they think, then get to know a few of them and talk to them. That is the only way to find out how things are, within the department.

Sorry bud. That's just the way things are with Frederick County Government employees in general.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    You do realize the odds of that happening on here is almost zero, right? Just like most Frederick County employees that you know, will probably not reveal who their employer is on MDS. They will reveal it to you in person, because they don't want to have their employer associated with anything they post. FCG and FCSO employees have to adhere to a strict policy where social media in any form is allowed, as long as they are not speaking in their official capacity in any way. FCG employees are allowed to voice their opinions, but they can not let on that they are employees of FCG, because it may appear that they are speaking on behalf of FCG. The same holds true for FCSO.

If you want to hear what they think, then get to know a few of them and talk to them. That is the only way to find out how things are, within the department.

Sorry bud. That's just the way things are with Frederick County Government employees in general.

Oh I totally get it, my statement was more rhetorical knowing we shall never know.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Kevin Grubb for Sheriff
    MAJOR CRIME IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY INCREASED IN FREDERICK COUNTY IN 2013

Crime shot up in every category. In a statement released with the data, Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins called increases in thefts and burglaries a reflection of “similar statewide and regional trends." Is this what we want for our county and local communities?

Jenkins related the overall increase in crime to an explosion in heroin and other drug crimes in the county. "We're taking on a greater call volume," Jenkins said in a phone interview with The Frederick News-Post.

EVERY neighboring county reported a DECREASE in crime in 2013, compared with 2012.

MORE Homicides, MORE thefts, MORE Robberies, MORE Assaults, MORE stolen autos, MORE burglaries equals time for a change and NOW.

VOTE Kevin Grubb for Sheriff on June 24, 2014. We can’t afford another 4 years with no plan and accountability. Please share this post with your friends and neighbors in Frederick County.

(I realize Prince Georges County is not our neighbor, but I wanted to show you their success in 2013)

Attachments

• grubb.jpg
      grubb.jpg
      22.4 KB · Views: 219

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    Ummm, do you mean to suggest that Jenkins alone is to blame for the increase in crime? If so, I'm not buying it. Unless Kevin Grubbs is a caped crusader with superhero abilities (I'm not saying he isn't) I don't see how one guy alone can singlehandedly reverse Frederick's latest increase in crime. Finger-pointing is not going to have much influence over my vote.

It's easy for those of us who live in Frederick to see what the real problem is - more and more of the riff-raff who can no longer afford the rent in [Fill In The Blank] County are re-locating to Frederick, where the cost of living is slightly less. I lived for the first year and a half off Crestwood Blvd at the Frederick Villas townhouses. The only reason we didn't get away from that gangsta ******** any sooner was due to several construction delays/pooch-screws at Linton at Ballenger Creek in 2012. Meanwhile, we dealt with all manner of crazy 'hood-rat BS in a place charging us...$1600 a month rent to live among dope dealers, wannabe thugs and (real) Frednecks all within smelling distance. The point is, unless Grubbs is willing to establish 24 hour patrols of every phucked-up neighborhood in Frederick - because that's what it would take - I don't see how much will really change.

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Kevin Grubb for Sheriff

MAJOR CRIME IN ALMOST EVERY CATEGORY INCREASED IN FREDERICK COUNTY IN 2013

Crime shot up in every category. In a statement released with the data, Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins called increases in thefts and burglaries a reflection of “similar statewide and regional trends." Is this what we want for our county and local communities?

Jenkins related the overall increase in crime to an explosion in heroin and other drug crimes in the county. "We're taking on a greater call volume," Jenkins said in a phone interview with The Frederick News-Post.

EVERY neighboring county reported a DECREASE in crime in 2013, compared with 2012.

MORE Homicides, MORE thefts, MORE Robberies, MORE Assaults, MORE stolen autos, MORE burglaries equals time for a change and NOW.

VOTE Kevin Grubb for Sheriff on June 24, 2014. We can’t afford another 4 years with no plan and accountability. Please share this post with your friends and neighbors in Frederick County.

(I realize Prince Georges County is not our neighbor, but I wanted to show you their success in 2013)

How long has it been since you lived or visited Frederick County for an extended period of time?

Are you active in Texas politics as well?

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    How long has it been since you lived or visited Frederick County for an extended period of time?

Are you active in Texas politics as well?

My in-laws live there. It's been a while since I've spent significant time there but I was just there a few weeks ago.

8milimeter

RICHARD (dino)
    Feb 15, 2009
    Frederick, Md
    Ethics

I am having issues with a forum moderator pushing political preferences.

Who moderates the moderators.

I also do not like citizens from other states manipulating politics in my state.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I am having issues with a forum moderator pushing political preferences.

Do you have a problem with a moderor participating in the forum, providing information, and opinion in a way that adheres to the boards rules and code of conduct, while not abusing the "power" given so as to take unfair advantage of such power?

Who moderates the moderators.
    Norton and DD214.

I also do not like citizens from other states manipulating politics in my state.

I am a 1 year resident of Texas, but 44 years living in MD, with significant time in FredCo, and with family and friends currently living there.

As far as "manipulating politics," one definition I saw is, "control or influence (a person or situation) cleverly, unfairly, or unscrupulously."

Please tell me how I've done this. PM works. I'm guessing you're an ardent supporter of Jenkins. I'd rather you dispute my information with information that supports your candidate than throw personal insults and accusations at me.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Ummm, do you mean to suggest that Jenkins alone is to blame for the increase in crime? If so, I'm not buying it. Unless Kevin Grubbs is a caped crusader with superhero abilities (I'm not saying he isn't) I don't see how one guy alone can singlehandedly reverse Frederick's latest increase in crime. Finger-pointing is not going to have much influence over my vote.

It's easy for those of us who live in Frederick to see what the real problem is - more and more of the riff-raff who can no longer afford the rent in [Fill In The Blank] County are re-locating to Frederick, where the cost of living is slightly less. I lived for the first year and a half off Crestwood Blvd at the Frederick Villas townhouses. The only reason we didn't get away from that gangsta ******** any sooner was due to several construction delays/pooch-screws at Linton at Ballenger Creek in 2012. Meanwhile, we dealt with all manner of crazy 'hood-rat BS in a place charging us...$1600 a month rent to live among dope dealers, wannabe thugs and (real) Frednecks all within smelling distance. The point is, unless Grubbs is willing to establish 24 hour patrols of every phucked-up neighborhood in Frederick - because that's what it would take - I don't see how much will really change.

He has been advocating more community patrolling. I personally like putting feet on the street. It helps with community involvement and establishes a presence.

There are a lot of good questions here, why don't you ask Mr. Grubb these questions. He responds quickly and is more than willing to have a conversation. Just message his FB page.

You are right about the cost of living. It does bring a lot of crap out, however in all fairness MoCo has more rift raft and there crime did go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom