• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigalf

Apr 1, 2012
    Fort Meade
    Hey shooter-
    Bought a VZ2008 and I want to get a new brake for it. I believe the threads are M14x1 RH. When I took the stock on off it unscrewed like a soda bottle cap. Clockwise tight. When looking for the actual muzzle break am I looking for a LH or RH brake?

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Hey shooter-
    Bought a VZ2008 and I want to get a new brake for it. I believe the threads are M14x1 RH. When I took the stock on off it unscrewed like a soda bottle cap. Clockwise tight. When looking for the actual muzzle break am I looking for a LH or RH brake?

Ahhhh Grasshopper, Your answer is in your question.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    M14x1 RH is the correct thread size, it is the same for both the barrel and the brake (of course the barrel has male threads like a bolt, and the muzzle brake has female threads like a nut.) By coincidence I just tried a different brake on my VZ2008 today and it was notably more effective than the stock slant brake, but adds about 2 inches to the length of the rifle: http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=22912

In another thread I saw this one highly recommended but they are out of stock at CNCW right now: http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=23263

Last edited:

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I put one of those (Demons) on my NHM91. An AK with a 20 inch barrel and no way to mount a bayonet needed something nasty on the end of it!:thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I need one of these. Not concerned with looks, rather something to noticeably reduce recoil.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I actually decided to do a search, and found this thread. :rolleyes:

I ordered this:

http://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=23263

They are back in stock. I requested confirmation that they fit a C.A. VZ2008

Will give a report once I have it and try it out...... I am interested in reducing muzzle rise and recoil.... :party29:

DAMN! I got tired of waiting for CNCW to make more of these and just ordered the same style from another source for $20 more!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    just got mine in the mail today fits perfect and good quality

Mine came in a while ago, forgot about this thread.

I had a chance to take it to the range. It did make a difference... I didn't get to put the old piece back on to do side by side comparison.

But so far I like it. Felt recoil was less and rise was reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom