• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    There are 25 blue states that have senator elections this coming season, and 11 of them voted for Trump. ETA, a lot of those blue democrats have states where Carry is an option for their citizens. I'm willing to be Mr. & Mrs. America don't want to turn over their self defense right at the state line.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-senate-races-of-2018/?utm_term=.2ecc829c3f38

That doesn't mean that they won't ultimately kowtow to Schumer. We're not the average person. Most people don't vote the issue.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That's right. And the fact is, demographic changes due to third world immigration means that the Democratic Senators are much more liberal than they were even 10 years ago. In fact, I'll go further to say that I don't think we'll ever have 60 votes on ANY issue that could be remotely construed as conservative. There will always be between 41-44 far left liberals in the Senate.

Not exclusively immigration. What are the birth rates by race or religion of native born. Why it amuses me so of how many right wingers are so anti abortion when the vast preponderance of those aborted would be Democrats or future felons.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Not exclusively immigration. What are the birth rates by race or religion of native born. Why it amuses me so of how many right wingers are so anti abortion when the vast preponderance of those aborted would be Democrats or future felons.

I'm not anti-abortion. In fact, I think violent felons and the low IQ should be sterilized. In any case, it's basically exclusively immigration that has changed the demographics in places like northern VA.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    There are about 10 Senate Democrats in states that Trump won, including WV, MT, IN, MI, OH, and PA. Many of whom come from states with pro-gun laws and states already with reciprocity...So Senate chances are better than ever, they may note vote for the bill but are likely to vote for cloture.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    There are about 10 Senate Democrats in states that Trump won, including WV, MT, IN, MI, OH, and PA. Many of whom come from states with pro-gun laws and states already with reciprocity...So Senate chances are better than ever, they may note vote for the bill but are likely to vote for cloture.

The same way they voted for cloture with respect to Gorsuch's nomination?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Chucky S will make the calculation and decide if it's worth having enough Senators vote against the bill to kill it (there's also the possibility of amendments which may change the equation too). I'm sure he'll "allow" the most vulnerable Dems to vote for it.
    I don't see there being any difference between the cloture vote and passage vote. A vote for cloture is a vote for passage since I don't think any GOP will vote against it.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD

I agree - abortion is democrat population control as terrible as that is....

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Personally, I don't think it matters which Democrats voted for reciprocity before or where they are from. The rift between Democrats and Republicans is so large right now that I can't see a single Democrat vote for this.

Now, I believe that a game could be played by including legislation in the bill similar to Cornyn's recent bill to "strengthen" the background check system. In my opinion this really isn't any new restrictions, it's just telling the armed forces that they have to follow through on requirements. This could give a few democrats the top cover they need to vote for reciprocity.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Personally, I don't think it matters which Democrats voted for reciprocity before or where they are from. The rift between Democrats and Republicans is so large right now that I can't see a single Democrat vote for this.

Now, I believe that a game could be played by including legislation in the bill similar to Cornyn's recent bill to "strengthen" the background check system. In my opinion this really isn't any new restrictions, it's just telling the armed forces that they have to follow through on requirements. This could give a few democrats the top cover they need to vote for reciprocity.

Agreed. Which means that Cornyn's insistence on keeping the bills separate makes even less sense.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    FWIW , a vote on Reciprosity will be more obvious to their constituents, than their manuevering on confirmations.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Isn’t it ironic that a Maryland rep had so much input during the deliberations? It’s almost as though the gods are against us. Glad to see it passed out of committee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom