• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I apologize for this question, I know it has been asked before, but... Purchasing a stripped AR (5.56/.223 type), are they now cash and carry? Haven't bought any lowers since 2013, but now want to build a .300 black out AR. As retired Military I understand a HQL is not needed but are AR stripped lower purchase handled like a handgun, with additional paperwork and 7 day waiting period? Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions, much appreciated.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    unless I am mistaken they are NOT cash and carry since they could be built into a pistol if one desired.

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    I believe in order for anything like that to be cash and carry it has to be a HBar or an 80% lower. The stripped lower is still handled as a regulated firearm.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Thank you all for your replies. I have a terrible habit of cruising the ammo aisles, looking for deals. Couple of years ago I found Remington 300 black out on sale, silly cheap. Figure I might as well get around to building a rifle that I can shoot it in.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    unless I am mistaken they are NOT cash and carry since they could be built into a pistol if one desired.

No. Because it could be built into a scary black rifle.

Dedicated pistol caliber lowers are C&C.

"Multi" caliber lowers(capable of becoming 5.56 caliber) - 7 day wait and 77r.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    unless I am mistaken they are NOT cash and carry since they could be built into a pistol if one desired. Maryland hates guns

There is no obvious logic to this rule. my 2 cents. If "pistol" was the reason they would ask for an HQL. If it s stripped dedicated 9mm AR lower, they do ask for an HQL. Honestly, the correct answer much of the time is "they made this up" and if you want a gun you have to go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom