• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Anyone have any experience with CZ Customer Service/Warranty department? I submitted my repair request, just not sure what to expect.

I will of course update this thread with my experience.

One of my grips was loose, and wouldn’t tighten down. Turns out the threads in the receiver are stripped. Screw is fine. Steel receiver.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Anyone have any experience with CZ Customer Service/Warranty department? I submitted my repair request, just not sure what to expect.

I will of course update this thread with my experience.

One of my grips was loose, and wouldn’t tighten down. Turns out the threads in the receiver are stripped. Screw is fine. Steel receiver.

Never owned a CZ that needed warranty repairs but service from CZ-USA seems to be above-average.

Check the CZ forum:

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php

There are several people who work for CZ-USA that monitor it regularly. I think you'll get mostly positive responses from owners who have dealt with them.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yep, just got one back a few months ago; great service.

They send confirmation email right away and give you tracking number to put on package to mail it to them (with instructions), too easy.

Then like every week (took a couple weeks) they sent me a reminder/update that they still had it and it was in the cue, then another when they shipped it back. Got it back really quick.

Just as kind of a test and because I like to discuss things I called and spoke with one of the gunsmiths about my damaged firing pin retaining pin, why its rolled, and how dry-firing could cause that damage. I made a thread on this issue here somewhere, that thread is more accurate than my memory now. Bottom line is they were good, very good. A+ in my book. Errr... AACo+ in my book. ;)

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    Barrel bushing needed to be replaced on my 97. They said it'll take several weeks but it was back in less than two. Also I couldn't find a small part on the webstore, so I complained that it wasn't available on Instagram. A rep contacted me and said they don't sell it anymore but to give my address. It arrived two days later free of charge. They also offer steep police and military discounts and love America and hate the NFA.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Thanks for the info all!

I submitted my warranty repair request on Saturday and received my confirmation email/FedEx packing slip on Monday. I was able to fit it into a Medium FedEx Express box and it will be there tomorrow. No questions asked so far! So far, very smooth process.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    It's been quite a few years, but my DW PM7 had to go back under warranty for some pretty serious issues. The customer service was impeccable. I think they replaced just about everything except the frame, and even refinished it. Quick turnaround too. You won't have any problem with CZ.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Just saw this.

I had a CZ 97 that would not ignite my reloads. When I called customer service they said the company doesn't recommend reloads. That left me with nothing to do but get a gunsmith. I went to Dr. Bob at Freestate and he thought the firing pin was out of spec. He called and got satisfaction and I got it repaired from CZ that way. They put in a new firing pin.

ETA: The new firing pin sets off my reloads. I'm a happy man.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Well, it has been a positive but upsetting experience so far. CZ warranty department has been great! But I’m going to need MDSers advice on how to proceed with this one.

The pistol I sent in was an SP-01 Tactical in FDE (limited run). Just got a call that the frame is the problem, and the firearm will need to be replaced. They don’t know if/when any additional SP-01 Tacticals in FDE will be available. My options are to wait an unknown amount of time, trade for another CZ, or get a refund. Any advice? Anything worth trying? I will not get the difference in cash, but they said they will throw in some extras. Not sure what that might be.

I’m leaning towards a refund, deal with the choices later.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    FWIW, I love my CZ85 Combat!

Also, I've got a Scorpion carbine that's a TON of fun to shoot.

-John

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Well, it has been a positive but upsetting experience so far. CZ warranty department has been great! But I’m going to need MDSers advice on how to proceed with this one.

The pistol I sent in was an SP-01 Tactical in FDE (limited run). Just got a call that the frame is the problem, and the firearm will need to be replaced. They don’t know if/when any additional SP-01 Tacticals in FDE will be available. My options are to wait an unknown amount of time, trade for another CZ, or get a refund. Any advice? Anything worth trying? I will not get the difference in cash, but they said they will throw in some extras. Not sure what that might be.

I know your heart is set on the FDE, but getting a different CZ might get you some awesome extras. In a year, or whatever, get the FDE.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Overall a positive experience from CZ Warranty!

Turnaround time was three weeks. They couldn’t repair the SP-01 but offered a replacement or a refund. I opted for the refund. They refunded what I paid for the pistol minus taxes and fees, which was a bit over MSRP. That was unexpected but awesome!

CZ is definitely a company that cares about its customers. Glad I own a few.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco

Ask them to give you a Czechmate and when they laugh at you say okay how about an SP-01 Shadow Target 2? Can't hurt to try.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Ask them to give you a Czechmate and when they laugh at you say okay how about an SP-01 Shadow Target 2? Can't hurt to try.

I tried haha. I was told that if the gun requires replacement, they try to stay + or - $100 in value. Tiers. I would have lost money or had to pay extra, so decided on the refund.

Paiste19

Don't Shave
    Jan 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I had a CZ75 PO-7 duty that was bought shortly after release in 2010?, and when reports came up a year later or so later with "frame bulging" they made some changes in production to prevent the issue moving forward. It was not supposed to effect function if I recall but replaced them with no questions with the newer version if requested. Something like, serial number A00000-A25000 could be affected. I opted to get the replacement, just because, and they paid shipping both ways with no problems what so ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom