• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    No disrespect to anyone here, but it surprises me how many people still think these are AKs (many threads on here and other forums about this same topic). The VZ58 has come from under the rock that it's been hiding under for the last 50 years, and in the last 3 years it has gained alot of popularity. Still surprised that people are just learning about these..........

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I fondled one at the HoCo Show, and again at United. Curious, anybody putting something on the stock bar to build up and pad ones cheek weld? Bothered me more so that it was so low, than it not being existent...

Hurt much on the face to shoot it? Seriously considering one.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    I avoid the cheek weld with the wire stocks. Matching bakelite butt stocks available (eBay $23-40 ish). I see one in my near future - I like that look. On the other hand, with this folder, it's a neat little compact package.

Feb 28, 2013
    No disrespect to anyone here, but it surprises me how many people still think these are AKs (many threads on here and other forums about this same topic). The VZ58 has come from under the rock that it's been hiding under for the last 50 years, and in the last 3 years it has gained alot of popularity. Still surprised that people are just learning about these..........

Actually, before I bought mine from Duffy's, I haven't seen these in too many shops.

It's great that they are becoming popular though. What a nice middle finger to libtards everywhere.:D

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I avoid the cheek weld with the wire stocks. Matching bakelite butt stocks available (eBay $23-40 ish). I see one in my near future - I like that look. On the other hand, with this folder, it's a neat little compact package.

:thumbsup: Understood... It's a compromise. It is crazy small folded up! So not too unwieldy to aim and shoot off the cheek? Thanks for link on Bakelite - looks much better foh shoh, and I bet still pretty compact!

Me thinks I must have one!

Feb 28, 2013
    :thumbsup: Understood... It's a compromise. It is crazy small folded up! So not too unwieldy to aim and shoot off the cheek? Thanks for link on Bakelite - looks much better foh shoh, and I bet still pretty compact!

Me thinks I must have one!

You won't be disappointed. The Century builds are well done, although the triggers are a tad heavy for some folks around here. I like 'em that way though.

If you buy it from Duffy's he can put the classic Czech military issue wood on it, for that old school milsurp look:D.

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I love mine! Some paracord, a CNC warrior muzzle break and a US palm AK grip and she is fun to shoot :party29:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
      Picture 001.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 159

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

If you don't live in MD it's easy to see the VZ58 and assume it was an AK --until you got up close. Maryland's oppressive environment has pushed these into the open.

We can be damned sure the know-nothings think it is an AK.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    If you don't live in MD it's easy to see the VZ58 and assume it was an AK --until you got up close. Maryland's oppressive environment has pushed these into the open.

I am not really talking about MD, but the firearms industry on the whole has been spotlighting VZs for the past 3 years or so. Now Maryland has been as of 10/1. I bought mine in 2011 and registered on CZforum.com, and since then AR15.com created a sub-forum for them, there are tons of Youtube vids covering the rifle, and I see them on a daily bases on various FB pages. Just hard to believe they are not more recognizable. They have been around for a half century.........

Feb 28, 2013

That thought makes owning one even more satisfying.:D

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    not accepting ak mags is a deal breaker for me. looks real nice tho

That's kinda the point in Maryland..... :innocent0

$400 VZ2008

Mags 10x $15= $150

Grand total = $550

IMO that equals deal, not deal breaker!

This comment gets me all the time, why would a rifle that's not an AK take AK mags? With this mindset every rifle built would take AR mags..... :sad20:

Feb 28, 2013
    That's kinda the point in Maryland..... :innocent0

$400 VZ2008

Mags 10x $15= $150

Grand total = $550

IMO that equals deal, not deal breaker!

This comment gets me all the time, why would a rifle that's not an AK take AK mags? With this mindset every rifle built would take AR mags..... :sad20:

That's akin to not wanting a mini-14 because it won't take AR mags.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    That's akin to not wanting a mini-14 because it won't take AR mags.

I won't but a M1A because they don't take FAL mags!

Never really liked the AR10s cause they don't take HK91/G3 mags!

Oh, and no SCAR 17 for me, because it should've been compatible with AR10 mags....... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom