• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    I picked up a vz2008 from Duffy's yesterday. For those who may not know, that is the civilian semi-auto version of the Czech vz58.

It came with a slant-cut brake on it. If possible would like to install something similar to what original Czech military issue vz58's came with. Any suggestions?

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Try CNCW arrior

I picked up a vz2008 from Duffy's yesterday. For those who may not know, that is the civilian semi-auto version of the Czech vz58.

It came with a slant-cut brake on it. If possible would like to install something similar to what original Czech military issue vz58's came with. Any suggestions?

CNC Warrior makes this one https://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=23263 that is very effective, and appears to be modeled after the Czech military part. It's reasonably priced, too, compared to Czechpoint and other sources I've seen. This CNC part styled like an AK74 brake is also effective, a little cheaper, but also slightly longer: https://www.cncwarrior.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=22912

Whatever you buy, the correct thread size is M14x1 RH. Don't get an AK brake, they use LH threads.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Czech vz58 rifles are not issued with muzzle devices..

Hmm, that's interesting. I have to revise my statement to say that the CNCW part number 23263 appears to be modeled on the one that Czechpoint uses on some of their commercial rifles then, rather than the Czech military rifles.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    They were issued in this configuration, I guess specialized units ran brakes but this is "standard" issue..
    Scroll through a few of their pics: http://www.military-today.com/firearms/vz_58_images.htm

5657161975_01aaf273b4_z.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    I've been wondering; what's the purpose of that?

As far as I know they were originally standard on original Russian-issue AK-47's to help minimize muzzle rise on full auto.

I haven't heard of them being used on vz58's, but then again I haven't had any interest until last week.:)

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have the knurled comp from cnc warrior on my vz2008 and it is awesome, i highly recommend it.

2nd this.... ^^^^^^ CNC Warrior 23263 is the part number.

RH 14X1 fits the Century Arms VZ 2008.

It sits upon my CA VZ2008 as I type this. Fits like a glove. Felt recoil and muzzle rise reduced.

GTG :thumbsup:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I've read that the Czechs never fitted a slant brake on the VZ58, so why Century chose to do so is a mystery. I'm not complaining, though; at least they threaded the barrel. The slant brake is a cheap way to protect the threads, it probably doesn't cost much more than a plain muzzle nut, and it does provide some reduction in muzzle rise.

A good muzzle brake, though, really makes a difference on these rifles, or at least it did with my folding stock VZ2008. A little cheek padding on the stock, a butt pad and the knurled or AK74 style compensator (I've tried both) turns them into pretty gentle shooters.

Feb 28, 2013
    Well, I decided to go with the ordinary barrel nut, per WayneOne's tutelage. In my opinion a Czech rifle looks all shades of wrong with a Russky muzzle device on it.

Czech military issue style is good enough for me. A picture will be forthcoming once I git 'er together.:D

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Well, I decided to go with the ordinary barrel nut, per WayneOne's tutelage. In my opinion a Czech rifle looks all shades of wrong with a Russky muzzle device on it.

Czech military issue style is good enough for me. A picture will be forthcoming once I git 'er together.:D

If you want the original slant brake (???) that came with my rifle you are welcome to mine. I won't go back, too much recoil and rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom