• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    You think it's worth the extra $30 get get a good hand picked one? I read where another member paid the extra fee for a hand picked on and got screwed.

Hi-Torque

Jan 16, 2013
    Finksburg
    I don't think it's ever worth selecting multiple hand pick options from Classic. I do believe in selecting one of the handpick options though. For me it's worth the $10 to potentially get a nicer piece. But my experience is selecting several options is a waste, it's either handpicked or not. Don't expect a holy grail rifle if you do select all three.

I did the numbers matching and handpick options on some SKS' and in the end, I think I would have gotten the same rifles with just one of the options selected.

Besides, if you pay $130 + shipping for a Grade B, you're better off going to a local shop and handpicking one yourself, there are Mosins a-plenty right now in local shops.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I don't think it's ever worth selecting multiple hand pick options from Classic. I do believe in selecting one of the handpick options though. For me it's worth the $10 to potentially get a nicer piece. But my experience is selecting several options is a waste, it's either handpicked or not. Don't expect a holy grail rifle if you do select all three.

I did the numbers matching and handpick options on some SKS' and in the end, I think I would have gotten the same rifles with just one of the options selected.

Besides, if you pay $130 + shipping for a Grade B, you're better off going to a local shop and handpicking one yourself, there are Mosins a-plenty right now in local shops.

Agreed. They will all be pretty much in the same condition and I don't remember anyone getting one without matching numbers. Roll the dice at $99.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Thanks. Has anyone bought from Classic? What's the shipping care like? Wrapped in newspaper and thrown in a box or good care taken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molots are packaged up pretty nice, have their own box separate from the shipping box with bubble wrap and shit

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I just picked one up with the bore select, i will report on it when it comes in. This is not my first mosin but it is my first time I have used my C&R license! :party29:

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Someone posted a link to Dansammo M44s but the site now says under construction. Does anyone know what's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea. I ordered one from them yesterday afternoon. It seemed to go through fine, and I got the confirmation email.

when I went back today to look at something else the site was "under construction". dont know what happened.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    You think it's worth the extra $30 get get a good hand picked one? I read where another member paid the extra fee for a hand picked on and got screwed.

When the guys in the Warehouse get a ticket that says HP and they are looking at 100 heavy wooden cases stacked on the floor, each containing four or five Weapons, my bet is they open the first box on the top of the pile and pull the visually best looking Weapon from that box and that is your HP.
    I might spring for $10 on a Handgun just to make sure the grips are not cracked but $30 on any Weapon, Naw.

Eddie O

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom