• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpikeRR

Sep 13, 2018
    So OP, you want to use my build price of around 700 from 2015/2016 as a baseline to build one? Good luck.

Realistically it will cost around 900 to build one, if you play it smart on when you buy things.

Oh and the PM you sent me shows you've been lurking on the site for a long time or you know how to search for things on here.

EDIT:
    Here is your timeline for post and PM.

Intro post 12:03 pm
    PM to me 12:06pm
    Creation of this thread 12:36pm

I am sensing something that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.
    Lets just say it's been a long two nights reading, searching, and watching reviews before I finally registered this morning lol. I like to do as much research on my own without asking repetitive questions if I can. People hate reposters.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Lets just say it's been a long two nights reading, searching, and watching reviews before I finally registered this morning lol. I like to do as much research on my own without asking repetitive questions if I can. People hate reposters.
    Two long nights wouldn't give you the information about me and doing builds for 700 or less. Those posts are so far in the past I don't even remember when they were created, but I highly doubt it was in 2018.

Doing research is one thing, but it would have given more than enough information, where you wouldn't have had to send a PM a few minutes after creating an intro thread. What makes me scratch my head is that you referenced the intro thread in the PM you sent me.

Like I stated before. Your timeline of events and actions are not making me feel welcoming. Something doesn't feel right.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Indeed, you might have. They're wiped out now. Can't get the page to load. Forget if they also had the carry handle, but they came with a SureFire WML. If I hadn't purchased another Colt AR earlier this year, I would have gone for one of these and then approached Clandestine to see if he was doing the AR inspection/quality control work these days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The page loaded for me and it's listed as still in stock. It's a great price for a great AR.

I bought mine years ago for $780 and considered that a great deal.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    The page loaded for me and it's listed as still in stock. It's a great price for a great AR.

I bought mine years ago for $780 and considered that a great deal.

That's crazy. It wouldn't load on my phone or computer a few hours ago!!!!

SpikeRR

Sep 13, 2018
    Two long nights wouldn't give you the information about me and doing builds for 700 or less. Those posts are so far in the past I don't even remember when they were created, but I highly doubt it was in 2018.

Doing research is one thing, but it would have given more than enough information, where you wouldn't have had to send a PM a few minutes after creating an intro thread. What makes me scratch my head is that you referenced the intro thread in the PM you sent me.

Like I stated before. Your timeline of events and actions are not making me feel welcoming. Something doesn't feel right.
    Not sure what you're trying to say, but if I gathered all the info I needed, or seen that AR build sticky before I registered smh, I probably wouldn't have made an account. Yesterday evening I saw GymRatz thread for a Ruger AR 556 for $499, and woke up with all intentions to go purchase one. Because of iffy reviews, I wanted confirmation before I left the house. So I said to myself let me create an account and ask MDShooters what they think and DaemonAssassin in particular since your post sparked the most interest. If I could in fact build an AR for under $700 I wouldn't even bother with the Ruger, because as you all say "buy once, cry once". I knew it would've ate at me, because I love to tinker and get the best for my money. I figured I'd ask here rather than ar15.com because you all are well versed in MD laws. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Now I believe I have somewhat of a solid base. I'm still looking for a barrel under $200 if possible, and Im open to suggestions. Until then I'll browse the 'AR-15 build info' thread to see if I come across anything. The

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Not sure what you're trying to say, but if I gathered all the info I needed, or seen that AR build sticky before I registered smh, I probably wouldn't have made an account. Yesterday evening I saw GymRatz thread for a Ruger AR 556 for $499, and woke up with all intentions to go purchase one. Because of iffy reviews, I wanted confirmation before I left the house. So I said to myself let me create an account and ask MDShooters what they think and DaemonAssassin in particular since your post sparked the most interest. If I could in fact build an AR for under $700 I wouldn't even bother with the Ruger, because as you all say "buy once, cry once". I knew it would've ate at me, because I love to tinker and get the best for my money. I figured I'd ask here rather than ar15.com because you all are well versed in MD laws. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Now I believe I have somewhat of a solid base. I'm still looking for a barrel under $200 if possible, and Im open to suggestions. Until then I'll browse the 'AR-15 build info' thread to see if I come across anything. The

Ruffled any feathers? You have no idea what you've done. The not wanting to do the licensing is a big one. Creating the intro account was a good idea, but sending a PM to me less than 5 minutes after creating the intro thread, then referencing it in the PM, tripped a wire or 2. But since I hadn't responded within 30 minutes from you sending the PM, you created this thread. So many red flags.

There is so much wrong with all of this, that I don't know where to start. Granted this may be a bunch of missteps, but a new member doing that will trip the sensors off every member that has been on here long enough. Plant, LE, somebody up to no good, or even innocent mistakes on your part will make the membership suspicious.

Previous new members have created threads like this before and other members have said to send a PM to _______, or a fellow member sent a PM to the member that could help, and the new member recieved the help they needed.

You want a good barrel brand? Colt, FN, Shilen, Faxon, Ballistic Advantage, JSE Surplus, and far to many more to list.

Building an AR for under 700 from parts that is accurate and reliable, is not an easy thing to accomplish. A few years ago, yes. Today, no.

SpikeRR

Sep 13, 2018
    Previous new members have created threads like this before and other members have said to send a PM to _______, or a fellow member sent a PM to the member that could help, and the new member recieved the help they needed.

You want a good barrel brand? Colt, FN, Shilen, Faxon, Ballistic Advantage, JSE Surplus, and far to many more to list.

Thank you, and I didn't realized that. I have seen someone mention the Faxon Gunner in regards to looking for an MD compliant barrel as well, but wasn't sure of the quality. Price seems fair. Bear Creek seem to have plenty heavy barrels, but I haven't seen many positive reviews for them. I'll keep looking around.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

A little more than $200 but it comes with a free upper receiver and free shipping.

Black Hole barrels are better than a lot of barrels costing twice as much.

http://www.surplusammo.com/products...free-forged-stripped-upper-free-shipping.html

Surplus ammo is also a great company to deal with.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Sorry, but it's my first time here. Not getting the reference.

He is saying you are either a previously permanently banned member here under a new screen name or a plant from the attorney generals office trying to see if you can get someone here to offer up some sketchy advice.

SpikeRR

Sep 13, 2018
    I see JSE has a custom complete rifle with a 16" carbine Hbar chrome lined option for around $500. Would you guys suggest that over say the Ruger AR 556?

Im looking, but I don't see much about JSE's built AR's other than they might use DTI parts. PSA seems to be the budget build-a-rifle preference.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I see JSE has a custom complete rifle with a 16" carbine Hbar chrome lined option for around $500. Would you guys suggest that over say the Ruger AR 556?

Im looking, but I don't see much about JSE's built AR's other than they might use DTI parts. PSA seems to be the budget build-a-rifle preference.

At this rate, just buy one off the shelf. Save yourself the research now, so you can take your time and ask questions later, on how to build one and how to stay legal.

Complete rifle brands:
    Colt - Gold standard to which all others are judged
    Winham Weaponry - good stuff
    Ruger - good stuff
    Daniel Defense - good stuff, last I heard they still held a CAGE code
    LWRCI - good stuff
    LMT - good stuff
    Saber Defence - good luck finding one, but if you do, pick it up
    Rock River Arms - good stuff
    Smith & Wesson - good stuff

Pick one and buy that sucker. Join the AR DGI club. It's like the He Man Woman Hater's Club from the Little Rascals, but we allow women, as long as they promise they own at least one AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom