• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.pagunblog.com/2018/04/10/bank-of-america-caves/

The headline pretty much says it all. Not much to add except: there was a reason the Treasury was so keen on bailing out banks. When there are a few big banks, its easier to control commerce and the financial system. Regulation keeps them big because the compliance cost is very high. The Treasury has them filling out TPS reports on "suspicious activity," which they can then use to punish political enemies .

ETA: By the way, banks are very good at structuring deals so that they can claim moral virtue, for example not directly lending in subprime, while staying in the business: https://www.wsj.com/articles/big-banks-find-a-back-door-to-finance-subprime-loans-1523352601

Banks say their new approach of lending to the nonbank lenders is safer than dealing directly with consumers with bad credit and companies with shaky balance sheets. Yet the relationships mean that banks are still deeply intertwined with the riskier loans they say they swore off after the financial crisis.

BoA wont directly lend to these companies, but sure as shit they will make sure that they lend to firms who do, while maintaining plausible deniability.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Wait until all commerce is electronic and they refuse to process gun purchases.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Dodd-Frank and the Obama Administration laid the groundwork for their goal of turning the banking industry into regulated utilities.

Then, Obama's Government took over the student loan industry, turning students into indentured servants to the Government for the rest of their lives.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Add them to the list I don’t do business with- United, delta,Target, REI, dicks, hertz and enterprise. See ya anti constitution businesses.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Add them to the list I don’t do business with- United, delta,Target, REI, dicks, hertz and enterprise. See ya anti constitution businesses.

Stopped dealing with them decades ago. Their initials should be a give away:

BOA just like the snakes they are.

DomiNATE

Trololol
    Jun 10, 2009
    Howard County
    Glad I found your post. Found the Washington Post's take on the issue a few minutes ago, an interview with a spokes person from BOA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.626d2ecb020b

I've had my money in BOA for a long time but they just lost my business. Anyone have any experience or suggestions with other banks who are gun friendly (or at least not unfriendly yet) that they'd recommend who have decent perks and all that? BB&T, M&T or TD ?

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    After several bad deals over 20ish years with BoA, I went to BB&T. I could not be happier with their friendly, efficient, error-free and flexible way of doing business. Been there 10-15 years now, wouldn't consider leaving.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I've had my money in BOA for a long time but they just lost my business. Anyone have any experience or suggestions with other banks who are gun friendly (or at least not unfriendly yet) that they'd recommend who have decent perks and all that? BB&T, M&T or TD ?

I'm all credit unions now for banking, but I had good luck with Sandy Spring Bank in the past. They prided themselves on their independence and unwillingness to sell out to a larger financial services corporation.

Beach Runner

Mar 20, 2018
    After several bad deals over 20ish years with BoA, I went to BB&T. I could not be happier with their friendly, efficient, error-free and flexible way of doing business. Been there 10-15 years now, wouldn't consider leaving.

I also have had good experiences with BB&T. Much better than Bank of America or PNC. Another larger bank I like is Suntrust but I am not sure of their 2A position.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Does anyone have a good contact number for BOA?
    I've been with them a long time and have been happy with their services.
    I'll change if I have to but would prefer to complain and see if this can be changed.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Glad I found your post. Found the Washington Post's take on the issue a few minutes ago, an interview with a spokes person from BOA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.626d2ecb020b

Join a credit union. I’ve belonged to PFCU (Pentagon Federal CU) for over 35 years... never a problem. Have a small savings account opened at my local bank to be able to cash/deposit checks.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Our company spends a good bit yearly with BOA cards , it may be time to get into another card .

Does anyone know of a good card with a good point reward system ??

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I found this on their site:
    Persons seeking to communicate with the Board of Directors, any director, non-management members of the Board as a group or any committee of the Board should send a letter to the Corporate Secretary at Bank of America Corporation, 214 N. Tryon St., NC1-027-20-05, Charlotte, NC 28255. The letter should indicate to whom the communication is intended. The Corporate Secretary or the secretary of the designated committee may sort or summarize the communications as appropriate. Communications that are commercial solicitations, customer complaints, incoherent or obscene will not be communicated to the Board or any director or committee of the Board.

I'm still looking for a good phone number but in the meantime I'll write every director and explain that I plan to move my accounts and divest ALMOST all of my stock if this policy isn't reversed. If they insist on undermining my country through political activism I'll retain enough stock to cast a vote against them.
    Anybody know of a better way to hit directly at the board?

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    If businesses are going to cave to the left's demands because it passes the cost-benefit analysis to get them to shut up, then lovers of liberty have to flex our own financial and speech muscles to change that cost-benefit calculation. If we play nice and try to be completely fair, we'll get steamrolled by the left which doesn't do either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom