Barrel threading w/o removing from upper?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dudeguy

Oct 15, 2018
    I am toying with the idea of getting my CX4's barrel threaded, since I'm about to swap out enough parts to meet 922(r) compliance anyway. Trouble is that getting the barrel fully removed is not an easy task, nor is getting it fully reinstalled. Beyond the problem of actually doing it, that translates to expensive.

Does anyone in the general vicinity of Baltimore through Cecil (or in SE PA or New Castle County) have the ability to do barrel threading with the upper still attached?

Or is there anyone in that area who has a history with guns that have the barrels basically adhered inside the uppers, and doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

Dudeguy

Oct 15, 2018

I just found instructions on making a barrel removal tool, so if I can get that out and then I am definitely getting it threaded. I'd like to try to find a place in-state that can compete price-wise if I can, but with prices like that I will bookmark their homepage, and for that money if I get that barrel out it is definitely getting threaded. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom