• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    And I honestly think that's all that changed. Sad they chose to change the wording on carry but IMO it's meaning is unchanged. If you are legal to possess in your home state-ok to carry in DC. No permit needed.

Communications and writing isn't the Chief's or her staff's strong suit IMO.

IANAL

The statute that has been enjoined has nothing to do with anything other than DC permits, so yes...

Absent that restriction (and a stay), all carry seems GTG.

While following her 'advice' would keep folks ultra-covered, it's overkill. Lanier is making it up as she goes, it seems.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Maybe the Chief or her staff attorneys would have time to take a class on written composition because as in the words in the movie Erin Brockovich "they suck at it"

My .02

Mr H

Banana'd
    The most amazing thing to me about all this, has to be the deafening silence in the media.

A couple local outlets made brief mention, there has been some chatter on gun blogs and such... but crickets, otherwise.

I think we can safely assume that they will be all over it if one little thing goes wrong.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I noted in an earlier post that Eric the Red has been starngely silent. Maybe he's just lying low for now.

Nothing from the boy king either. Strange.

"If I had a Glock, it'd look like a Glock."

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The most amazing thing to me about all this, has to be the deafening silence in the media.

A couple local outlets made brief mention, there has been some chatter on gun blogs and such... but crickets, otherwise.

I think we can safely assume that they will be all over it if one little thing goes wrong.

They are hoping for a stay so that their by line is "Federal Court Upholds DC Gun Laws." :sad20:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    There's a decent amount of guests here.

Don't be strangers! Come on in ;)

"Guest" also includes members who aren't signed in for one reason or another

Depending on where I worked, I might read the forum from work, but not sign in and likely give away my password to my employer or the watchers

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    so reading Chief Lanier's memo, is it going to be SOP to stop everyone carrying and check their "papers," or perhaps (hopefully) she just means if they were already stopped for a crime or the like?

She comes to my work all the time and I will have up ask her about it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Originally Posted by davsco
    reading Chief Lanier's memo, is it going to be SOP to stop everyone carrying and check their "papers," or perhaps (hopefully) she just means if they were already stopped for a crime or the like?

I read it as quite the opposite. The mere carrying of a legal firearm is not either RAS or PC that a crime is being committed. isabout to be committed or is afoot. Those are the requirements for a Terry stop (investigative stop.). They'd have to have stopped you for something that has RAS or PC.

IMO she knows better and has therefore told her officers they cannot stop you just to check your status

But

IANAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom