• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I think most of you have seen the brady poster with the gun death stats and a red, white and blue gun:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i56.tinypic.com/29at92u.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t%3D401318&h=639&w=494&sz=39&tbnid=GPr9MOX0lxqWJM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=70&zoom=1&usg=__ozKpo6fm60pWz0Y12_tZxv6fzfk=&docid=Q1N74rQygAYNhM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=cbzLUK_SJqfh0gHvzoCIBg&ved=0CFgQ9QEwBA&dur=303

So I divided the number of "gun murders" by each countries current population and got these numbers:

Spain: 1.27
    Australia: 1.54
    Germany: 2.37
    USA: 3.04
    Finland: 3.15
    Canada: 5.79
    England: 6.96

Am I missing something basic?

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    No, I know those numbers are lower - Im trying to find data to dispute the poster and every website I look at has different info when trying to calculate gun homicides (not including suicides) by country.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    If you're strictly dividing the number of incidents by the population, you should get a very small number with several zeros after the decimal point.

SouthCo

Nov 20, 2012
    That brady link just made me go join SAF (was planning to after Christmas but what the hell). I already support NRA and MSI...

So Englands is the highest and they have strict gun control, right?

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    That brady link just made me go join SAF (was planning to after Christmas but what the hell). I already support NRA and MSI...

So Englands is the highest and they have strict gun control, right?

no, according to mosty sites I see Germany is about 0.2 per 100k ppl, the US i 2.9 or something - the only stat I saw that made it look favorable was the number of gun murders per 100k of population IF you also included the number of gunowners in that country.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Where is the stats for Africa? Also what about the stats for automobile deaths...I'll be willing to say its 4 times that amount annually...:sad20:

I hate Brady campaign crap...its all about blaming the inanimate object...not about personal responsibility...

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I notice they don't have the stats for Mexico or Brazil. You know, countries where guns are banned and you are safe.. :rolleyes:

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    OP, check my early posts on here. Right after the CO shooting I did a lot of research and posted what I came up with and most if not all the source links. Emailed it to my reps asking them to support CCW. Don't know if any of it will help, but if it does be my guest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom