• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it were me, I'd buy a Sig 556 (maybe xi?) instead. I give M+M credit for designing an interesting rifle, but it's essentially a Sig 556 operating system.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't know enough about the style of rifle, but is that the going rate for rifles such as this?

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    If it were me, I'd buy a Sig 556 (maybe xi?) instead. I give M+M credit for designing an interesting rifle, but it's essentially a Sig 556 operating system.

Thank you --- I know little about those as well.

duffball

Jan 6, 2017
    Harford County
    I picked an M10X up in March 2017 and have ~1450 rounds though it so far, here are my thoughts.

TLDR;
    * Fun Gun with all the right features but I wish it was more reliable.
    * Given the issues I've had with mine I would take an AK over this gun if I didn't live in Marylandistan.
    * Maybe Consider a VZ58 instead for cheap 7.62x39 fun.

Here were my initial reasons for picking one up:
    * Similar to an AK
    * Cheap to feed
    * Maryland Legal
    * Very Few parts (easy to dissasmble and clean)
    * Full length rail on top
    * Ambi safetly and charging handle
    * M-LOK rail
    * QD sling mounts built into the rail
    * Good trigger
    * 5/8x24 thread
    * Takes standard AK mags

Overall the gun feels like a modern twist on the AK platform with a lot of nice features out of the box.

It is a pleasure to shoot.
    The felt recoil seems lighter than other guns in that caliber out of the box(compared to a vz58 or a sks).
    Not sure if that has to do with with piston system or if it's the muzzle break or just my imagination.

Accuracy is decent with cheap ammo, most brands seem to fall in the 4-6 MOA range at 100yds.
    I haven't put any match ammo (Or the geco ammo they recommend) through it yet, but I would expect that might make a difference.
    I'm by no means a great shot, so take my numbers with a grain of salt.

Ammo Ive tried in it:
    Tula: Terrible, 6+ MOA, just avoid it
    Wolf Polyformance: OK, 4-6 MOA
    Wolf Military Classic HP: Great, 2-4 MOA
    Golden Tiger: Decent, 3-5 MOA
    Red Army Standard: OK, 5-6 MOA
    fiocchi: Decent, 4 MOA

One thing to note, Golden Tiger and fiocchi rarely ever fail to eject the casing.
    I havn't tried the new Red Army Standard that is laquer coated, but it is next on my list.

Here are some of the issues I've had with the gun.
    * Broken Firing Pin: ~850 Rounds
    * Broken Extractor Claw: ~925 Rounds
    * Snapped Gas Piston: ~1450 Rounds

My gun has been plagued with ejection issues after about 200 rounds.
    Especially with tula and wolf polyformance,
    I'm talking roughly 1 out of 15 rounds would only make it about half way out of the ejection port before getting pinched between the BCG and receiver.
    Early on the manufacturer suggested I try different mags and ammo, fair enough.
    Brass and Lacquer Coated Steel ammo seemed to have better performance in regards to ejecting properly.
    My two Magpul 20 rounders seem to have more issues than the 10/30 rounders, Croatian Steel 10/30 rounders work about as well as the magpul ones.

After the extractor claw broke and was replaced that gun was running like a champ compared to before.
    Maybe an ejection issue 1 out of 50 rounds most days.

Currently my gun is back with the manufacturer after the piston snapped.
    Honestly I'm hoping I just got a lemon, because I really do enjoy shooting this gun.

A note about M+M,
    I have nothing but good things to say about them.
    They've been very prompt responding to and fixing issues with the gun so far, and have fixed all the issues free of charge.
    I would have no qualms about buying a product from them again, as they seem to be doing pretty good in the customer service department.

There's my take on it anyway.
    I usually just lurk on forums...but I know how hard it is to find anyone talking about this gun, so here's my 2 cents.

If you are on the fence about it your welcome to shoot mine once I get it back from the manufacturer (I would guess end of sept or early oct).
    I usually shoot at elk neck during the middle of the week when its empty, but the crowds aren't terrible on the weekends if that works better for you.
    Just bring whatever ammo you want to shoot.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    I picked an M10X up in March 2017 and have ~1450 rounds though it so far, here are my thoughts.

TLDR;
    * Given the issues I've had with mine I would take an AK over this gun if I didn't live in Marylandistan.

* Similar to an AK
    * Cheap to feed
    * Maryland Legal
    * M-LOK rail
    * Good trigger
    * 5/8x24 thread
    * Takes standard AK mags

Overall the gun feels like a modern twist on the AK platform with a lot of nice features out of the box.

The felt recoil seems lighter than other guns in that caliber out of the box(compared to a vz58 or a sks).
    Not sure if that has to do with with piston system or if it's the muzzle break or just my imagination.

Accuracy is decent with cheap ammo, most brands seem to fall in the 4-6 MOA range at 100yds.
    I haven't put any match ammo (Or the geco ammo they recommend) through it yet, but I would expect that might make a difference.

Ammo Ive tried in it:

One thing to note, Golden Tiger and fiocchi rarely ever fail to eject the casing.
    I havn't tried the new Red Army Standard that is laquer coated, but it is next on my list.

I'm talking roughly 1 out of 15 rounds would only make it about half way out of the ejection port before getting pinched between the BCG and receiver.
    Brass and Lacquer Coated Steel ammo seemed to have better performance in regards to ejecting properly.
    My two Magpul 20 rounders seem to have more issues than the 10/30 rounders, Croatian Steel 10/30 rounders work about as well as the magpul ones.

After the extractor claw broke and was replaced that gun was running like a champ compared to before.

Honestly I'm hoping I just got a lemon, because I really do enjoy shooting this gun.

A note about M+M,
    They've been very prompt responding to and fixing issues with the gun so far, and have fixed all the issues free of charge.
    I would have no qualms about buying a product from them again, as they seem to be doing pretty good in the customer service department.

I usually just lurk on forums...but I know how hard it is to find anyone talking about this gun, so here's my 2 cents.

If you are on the fence about it your welcome to shoot mine once I get it back from the manufacturer (I would guess end of sept or early oct).
    I usually shoot at elk neck during the middle of the week when its empty, but the crowds aren't terrible on the weekends if that works better for you.

Lucky you picked yours up in 2017
    Mine was serial 0118

Mine......It's been back to the factory 3 times
    Also had to send the charging handle back twice because it self destructed at the range.
    In fact the first two times I went to the range it broke maybe the first three times
    It also has the mag lock up so tight it's absurd and takes a very careful mag insert not to cause a problem.
    Biggest problem child I ever spent that kind of money on....Mine was a lemon in the first degree.
    On a plus note the company has good customer service dealing with their problems....they keep fixing the problems.......Just not sure that $ is well spent no matter how good the customer service is.
    Your mileage may vary .

duffball

Jan 6, 2017
    Harford County
    Lucky you picked yours up in 2017
    Mine was serial 0118

Mine......It's been back to the factory 3 times
    Also had to send the charging handle back twice because it self destructed at the range.
    In fact the first two times I went to the range it broke maybe the first three times
    It also has the mag lock up so tight it's absurd and takes a very careful mag insert not to cause a problem.
    Biggest problem child I ever spent that kind of money on....Mine was a lemon in the first degree.
    On a plus note the company has good customer service dealing with their problems....they keep fixing the problems.......Just not sure that $ is well spent no matter how good the customer service is.
    Your mileage may vary .

Wow that sounds terrible.
    Did yours ever get fixed enough times to be reliable or did you get rid of it?

As for the mag lockup, thats definitely annoying, I had forgot about that.

Mine doesn't get locked up that tight, they are still relatively easy to yank out if you pull the bolt back.

I'm not sure if mine is as bad as yours is/was, but for everyone else wondering if you don't really rock the mag in front to back just right, the back of the mag kind of clicks in with the front hanging out of the mag well a bit. Hitting the release doesnt really do much so you have to give it a good yank.

Last edited:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I really wanted to buy one of these, but ended up going with a Vz58 for my 7.62x39 fix. Having heard great things about M+M's customer service, it is my intention to wait another couple years for the product to mature, and then I'll decide if I'm going to buy one. I've also thought about a Faxon ARAK, but I think I'll stick with their AR parts for the time being.

duffball

Jan 6, 2017
    Harford County
    I really wanted to buy one of these, but ended up going with a Vz58 for my 7.62x39 fix. Having heard great things about M+M's customer service, it is my intention to wait another couple years for the product to mature, and then I'll decide if I'm going to buy one. I've also thought about a Faxon ARAK, but I think I'll stick with their AR parts for the time being.

Given the options for 7.62x39 in MD I think you made the right choice.

On the flip side based on my conversations with M+M it sounds like as they refine things they offer the upgrades for free. I know when my extractor claw broke they had mentioned a "refinement" for the extractor claw was in the works. So who knows how that will go in the future, but I'm hopeful they will eventually get all the kinks worked out.

Hadn't really heard of the ARAK, looks pretty neat.

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017

TLDR;

* Similar to an AK
    * Cheap to feed
    * Maryland Legal
    * M-LOK rail
    * Good trigger
    * 5/8x24 thread
    * Takes standard AK mags

Ammo Ive tried in it:

A note about M+M,

Excellent input! I have an VZ58 tactical and love it. The M10X caught my due after reading it has far fewer parts then an and even fewer than an AR15. I was thinking ULTRA reliable. I might take you up on the offer.

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    M+M owners - all 2 of you - thank you for posting good info. Myself and several others on the forum have been on the fence about this gun, and by extension this company. I've got my VZ58 still, looks like will be staying with that for the time being.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    CMMG Mutant or PTR32 are other good options, also the ARAK21 complete, read that those who just do the upper have fitment issues.

Doesn't Palmetto State have AK variant?

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    CMMG Mutant or PTR32 are other good options, also the ARAK21 complete, read that those who just do the upper have fitment issues.

Doesn't Palmetto State have AK variant?

They do and refuse to ship any rifles to Maryland.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They do and refuse to ship any rifles to Maryland.

I do believe they ship to Maryland FFL dealers. They will not accept payment from an individual and then ship it to an FFL. The FFL has to make the purchase.

Their business, their rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom