• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    Well,

Yesterday afternoon, I dropped off my MilSpec+ Daniel Defense M4V7P 300 BLK w/ LAW folding arm brace to the MSP policy team for forensics test and submission for approved pistol registry.

I suppose I understand the concept that 300 BLK is a more powerful round compared to 223 / 556...

I find it somewhat laughable that their concern is for the safety / integrity of the barrel and platform with the higher power round. #1 - Daniel Defense is not some fly by night company. #2 - they already have the MK18 300 BLK approved, which uses the exact same barrel and lower.

I do not much care for this process...as a law-abiding citizen, I have to maintain some trust they will do their job.

Humorously, the sworn that checked the weapon before we went into Building B was very much enjoying my weapon. In the policy office, while the other gentleman drew up my hand receipt...he couldn’t stop playing with it. I graciously accepted his compliments.

At the end, I was informed that the testing would happen between now and early / mid June when the review panel meets. Assuming it is approved, it then has to be added to the registry before they can release it to my FFL. Apparently, I cannot personally retrieve the weapon from them directly.

Long and short...I am going to be weaponless until likely some time in mid to late JULY!? FFS...

Hmmm...might be time to pick up that Gen 5 Glock 19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The whole process is a crime , the local & federal government is not my parent(s) and what has this world come to when a grown man or women needs to get permission .

tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    welder516, dude...you are on the money. Especially as we go into THIS weekend. Memorial weekend. “Oh, we trust you well enough to go to war, get shot...maybe die. We’re just not so sure about your retail purchasing decisions....”

Really!?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    welder516, dude...you are on the money. Especially as we go into THIS weekend. Memorial weekend. “Oh, we trust you well enough to go to war, get shot...maybe die. We’re just not so sure about your retail purchasing decisions....”

Really!?

I do wish you success , but with my several years dealing with the MSP-LD that is why i am so jaded .
    They are a bunch of hacks IMHO and are following that hole named Frosh

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Just out of curiosity... Does MSP have a set of published guidelines from MGA they use to determine whether or not a firearm is permitted to be included on the registry, or do they just make it up?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    From what I can tell from the minutes they fire the weapon and function test it. I dont think a modern weapon has failed to make the roster. I have seen one or two need multiple tests/meetings- based on the minutes the magazines would not seat right and the gun jammed.

The original (real) intent was to ban handguns slowly, like the CA roster is doing. "Safety" was always a pretext.

But the (ironic) truth is the hamdgun roster process is way more scientific than the scary black rifle banned list. There is no safe with actual examples of the enumerated banned weapons, so when they say something is a copy they are literally making shit up from a Google search for the most part. In many cases they have been proven wrong.

There are other Daniel Defense AR pistols on the roster, I have no doubt this one will make it too. There are not a lot of AR pistols on the roster because I think most people build them.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Just out of curiosity... Does MSP have a set of published guidelines from MGA they use to determine whether or not a firearm is permitted to be included on the registry, or do they just make it up?

I didn't think the MSP had anything to do with it. I thought it was a board appointed by the Governor?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I was trying to find the thread about the ATI GSG MP40. I found this instructive (from 2017):

Well, after failing on 6/22 for being unable to chamber a round, and failing again on 8/30 for being unable to extract a round, it looks like the GSG MP40P https://www.americantactical.us/5721/detail.html has finally passed the MD Roster Board, it is now listed on the MD Register from 11/27 http://www.dsd.state.md.us/MDR/4424.pdf p1168
    So it looks like in 30-60 days, or however long it takes, these should finally be available for sale in MD

They do test things, and test them again. But as far as I can tell things eventually pass.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    From what I can tell from the minutes they fire the weapon and function test it. I dont think a modern weapon has failed to make the roster. I have seen one or two need multiple tests/meetings- based on the minutes the magazines would not seat right and the gun jammed.

Fun gun fact. The Glock 43 failed the handgun board testing and was redesigned to fix the flaw. IIRC it was a drop safe issue/test.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    In at least one case, a pistol failed because it was tested with the wrong ammo. Yes, it was in the board meeting notes.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Since it's the MSP. I'd go with "just make it up." They seem to have an allergy to writing things down, but they "know it when they see it."

tmo8320

Mar 31, 2019
    And you had to do this because ... ?

...I was a fool.
    And it took until today to finally get vindication.

All Daniel Defense M4V7P variants are now allowed in Maryland. 223 Rem, 556 NATO, or 300 BLK.

Thankfully, I've learned a LOT being on this forum since I started this gauntlet. And... I've added two more items to my collection (with a fourth item in process).

NFA is sooo much fun :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom