• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Is there always this much court turnover? Everyone talked about how Obama was stacking the courts and now talk that Trump has put through more judges than any other president this fast. Where the heck are all these judges going and doing?

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Is there always this much court turnover? Everyone talked about how Obama was stacking the courts and now talk that Trump has put through more judges than any other president this fast. Where the heck are all these judges going and doing?

Its no more turnover than usual. Cocaine Mitch slow-walked judges during Barry O's second term, so the retirements are accumulating to a lot of vacancies.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The news is that normally the Senators from at least CA would get some input. The Donald doesn't need Feinstein's or Harris' input. Ever.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Go tRump! Go tRump!

he was holding back in the 9th for a while, hitting the other districts. i guess that after the performance of the Cali's senators in recent weeks, he is going at his way.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Well, its about time.

Because its so late in Oct, these are unlikely to come up for a vote before mid terms, heck maybe not even before 2019. hopefully GOP retains the Senate. if not, these picks will not be confirmed.

The goal of Feinstein and Harris was to delay, obstruct, and run out the clock until the Dems retake the Senate. They may or may not have succeeded, we will see.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    WQOCRKWDNQ4P3IZB5735URZEC4.jpg

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    And now you know why the democrats were so energetic about picking a fight they knew they were going to lose over Kavanaugh. It wasn't just about placating their base, it was about wearing the Republicans down so they wouldn't continue to force the issue regarding lower courts.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Most of you haven’t a clue.
    The Republican Senate Leader, McConnell, is keeping the Senate in session, when it would typically recess to allow Senators to go home and campaign for the mid terms.

He’s vowed to keep the Senate in session until the appointments backlog is cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    And now the Dems can go home and brag to constituents about how they aren't obstructionists, they approved most of Trump's judicial nominees, and they only opposed Kavanaugh because of the merits, not because they were obstructing or participating in a phony witch hunt.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Most of you haven’t a clue.
    The Republican Senate Leader, McConnell, is keeping the Senate in session, when it would typically recess to allow Senators to go home and campaign for the mid terms.

He’s vowed to keep the Senate in session until the appointments backlog is cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Helps the polls are surging in Mitch's favor.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Mitch has done a nice job on the judges. This will be a large part of his legacy.

Elections have consequences. Trump won, so his selected judges are supposed to be confirmed.

Let the country see the Democrats for what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom