• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And it seems the statute allows CCW in the car.

Also note the ANY state allowance does not apply in Philly. You must have a PA or a reciprocal state permit to carry in Philly in a vehicle

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    No duty to inform, however:
    (a) General Rule.--When carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure.

Handgunlaw.us has it on page 5
    http://handgunlaw.us/states/pennsylvania.pdf

IANAL

May 8, 2018
    If one is able to get the MD permit, what is the best place to go in PA to get the permit to carry in PA. I understand that the law is now they will only give a permit if the person has a permit from their home state. I also know that there are some townships that are better at this then others. What has the general experience been, York, Lancaster, Harrisburg etc....

Thanks in Advance

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If one is able to get the MD permit, what is the best place to go in PA to get the permit to carry in PA. I understand that the law is now they will only give a permit if the person has a permit from their home state. I also know that there are some townships that are better at this then others. What has the general experience been, York, Lancaster, Harrisburg etc....

Thanks in Advance
    Adams.
    http://www.adamscounty.us/Dept/Sheriff/Pages/License-to-Carry.aspx
    I was in and out of the courthouse in less than 10 minutes.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yup, Adams county. Courthouse in Gettysburg to pick up your permit after you start the process by mail. Whole thing goes pretty quickly. Days, not months. Imagine that.

PSA: Leave your pocket knife in the car when you head in to the building to wrap things up with the permit lady. You're going through courthouse security.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    PA denial of NR permit for MD resident with CCW permit.

A friend of mine just showed me a letter from York County Sheriff's Dept., stating that his application has been denied/undetermined. He was charged (not convicted) with a marijuana charge (no intent to distribute) and a filing a false police report, around 1980. Again, no conviction, no PBJ, etc. The Marijuana charge had a max of 3 months potential sentence. The false report charge had a maximum 6 month potential sentence. Again, no conviction on either charge. The State did not proceed.

He disclosed it on his MD CCW application. He got his MD CCW permit a few months ago.
    He applied to PA, and because of the denial, has to appeal to PA State Police (not to sheriff's dept.).

According to the possible disqualifications that were listed, there was one (Paragraph 2 of the list) that stated that if one were CHARGED or convicted of a crime that could have resulted in a sentence of more than one year, you might not qualify.

Has anyone heard of any similar action recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom