• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    OP, leave your post exactly the way it is. Best not to put anything on the internet that might be incriminating, especially if the officer(s) let you walk and even more so if you were actually charged with a crime.

As far as a missing 9mm round is concerned, what the heck are you worried about? Are you worried that the round might be used to kill somebody, your fingerprint will be on it, and you might be found culpable? Jesus, looks like I better not give any ammo to anybody ever again. Wouldn't the rifling marks on the bullet be more telling than any fingerprints on a spent cartridge case?

Let me know what you are worried about and I'll let you know if you are just being paranoid or if you are right to worry.

Fabs, sometime I think you're either too nice or naive for your own good. The op in question is trying to jerk the board off OR has serious mental issues . :sad20:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Fabs, sometime I think you're either too nice or naive for your own good. The op in question is trying to jerk the board off OR has serious mental issues . :sad20:

I'm too nice. Naivety left the building a long time ago after only a couple of years of practicing law. Might be easier to find a happy place in life if I had that same naivety back again. The world is a screwed up place and I am thankful I was born in the US to the parents I was born to.

My guess is that the OP was stopped, the officer found a loaded gun either in the vehicle (more plausible) or on the OP (less plausible), and the officer decided not to arrest the OP because the OP is former military.

Now, the OP is being ridiculous in coming to this forum and posting about this matter because he is worried about his one missing cartridge. This is something that you ask your attorney about, but the OP probably does not have an attorney, know an attorney, and/or have the money for an attorney.

This reminds me of a once upon a time friend of mine from 20 years ago. He had just upgraded his bike to a YZF-R6 from some POS that he had had for less than a year. He got clocked at some outrageous speed and he tried to outrun the police. Well, as he was headed down a left turn lane, an officer in an unmarked car in the left lane pulled out in front of him in the left turn lane. My once upon a time friend smashed into the officer's vehicle and his new YZF-R6 was totaled. He wanted me to sue the officer for his property damage and personal injury because the officer did not use his blinker and the officer pulled into the turn lane without making sure there was no oncoming traffic. Now, how do you explain to a person like that, that the officer probably heard over the radio that a guy on a YZF-R6 was fleeing and eluding, coming upon route 28 and route 355, and the officer intentionally blocked him to stop him, and that he is SOL on getting compensation from MoCo police for his totaled motorcycle and all the injuries he suffered?

That is the same guy that saw a buffalo/bison in West Virginia and just had to shoot it because nobody would believe his story back at home. So, he shot it and then began to walk up to it. When he reached the 8 foot tall fence, it finally dawned on him that the bison was on a managed game preserve and that he would not be able to retrieve its head very easily. It also dawned on him that he might actually get in trouble over it, so he proceeded to puke all over the place. Mind you, there is no bison season in West Virginia, bison are not native to West Virginia, and there is no wild bison population in West Virginia.

This guy owned rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

Could I see this once upon a time friend posting something to a chatboard like the OP just posted? Sure can.

Plenty more stories about this once upon a time friend, but I think you get the gist.

I think of things like this, and it really makes me wonder how some people can be so smart and others so dumb. I had this conversation with one of my really good cycling friends while I was at his place discussing his tax returns. Are people born this way? Is it merely a lack of education? Is it a combination of the two?

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Instead of labeling them as a mean troll, I just think they have no idea what the heck they are doing.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    I'm too nice. Naivety left the building a long time ago after only a couple of years of practicing law. Might be easier to find a happy place in life if I had that same naivety back again. The world is a screwed up place and I am thankful I was born in the US to the parents I was born to.

My guess is that the OP was stopped, the officer found a loaded gun either in the vehicle (more plausible) or on the OP (less plausible), and the officer decided not to arrest the OP because the OP is former military.

Now, the OP is being ridiculous in coming to this forum and posting about this matter because he is worried about his one missing cartridge. This is something that you ask your attorney about, but the OP probably does not have an attorney, know an attorney, and/or have the money for an attorney.

This reminds me of a once upon a time friend of mine from 20 years ago. He had just upgraded his bike to a YZF-R6 from some POS that he had had for less than a year. He got clocked at some outrageous speed and he tried to outrun the police. Well, as he was headed down a left turn lane, an officer in an unmarked car in the left lane pulled out in front of him in the left turn lane. My once upon a time friend smashed into the officer's vehicle and his new YZF-R6 was totaled. He wanted me to sue the officer for his property damage and personal injury because the officer did not use his blinker and the officer pulled into the turn lane without making sure there was no oncoming traffic. Now, how do you explain to a person like that, that the officer probably heard over the radio that a guy on a YZF-R6 was fleeing and eluding, coming upon route 28 and route 355, and the officer intentionally blocked him to stop him, and that he is SOL on getting compensation from MoCo police for his totaled motorcycle and all the injuries he suffered?

That is the same guy that saw a buffalo/bison in West Virginia and just had to shoot it because nobody would believe his story back at home. So, he shot it and then began to walk up to it. When he reached the 8 foot tall fence, it finally dawned on him that the bison was on a managed game preserve and that he would not be able to retrieve its head very easily. It also dawned on him that he might actually get in trouble over it, so he proceeded to puke all over the place. Mind you, there is no bison season in West Virginia, bison are not native to West Virginia, and there is no wild bison population in West Virginia.

This guy owned rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

Could I see this once upon a time friend posting something to a chatboard like the OP just posted? Sure can.

Plenty more stories about this once upon a time friend, but I think you get the gist.

I think of things like this, and it really makes me wonder how some people can be so smart and others so dumb. I had this conversation with one of my really good cycling friends while I was at his place discussing his tax returns. Are people born this way? Is it merely a lack of education? Is it a combination of the two?

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Instead of labeling them as a mean troll, I just think they have no idea what the heck they are doing.

I'm certain without the slightest doubt that you mean well but I'll stick with my original assessment. :) I'm an honest guy, I'd love to play poker with you. :D

Ps Your friend is an idiot, funny BUT an idiot!

Last edited:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I kinda agree with Fab's , seems more plausible . The guy caught a break , I talked to a DC officer a while back and he told me in most cases he would have scolded and released a law abiding citizen out of Wash. DC . Not sure if he was just blowing smoke but that's what he said .

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Check the magazine. Maybe they put it in there.

If a criminal picked it up and put it in a firearm that would lead to a bad detonation, both MSP and you helped make Baltimore safer.

If MSP kept it, consider it a donation to the police dept to make Baltimore safer.

There...now goo to bed and go to sleep. Thanks for making Baltimore safer.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For someone wanting important guidance like the OP, it would seem strange that he hasn't checked back in to see what's going on. That is unless the BCP realized that he should have been arrested and is now sitting in a cell at 300 E. Madison St. as we speak.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    For someone wanting important guidance like the OP, it would seem strange that he hasn't checked back in to see what's going on. That is unless the BCP realized that he should have been arrested and is now sitting in a cell at 300 E. Madison St. as we speak.
    They were going to give him a pass, but he posted about it on a public forum so their hands were tied and they picked him up. He is now making new friends and learning new skills.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Or maybe he is trying to dream up some other "cool gun trick" like carrying his 380 in an ankle holster or illegal Carry of his "9", to see how many folks chime in and join the fun.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well, July 9th was asking how to purchase from private seller. ALSO on July 9th stated he purchased a g17 and was HQL exempt due to being in the military. August 23 stated was now in the guard and wanted to conceal carry. Then states he’s going to the police academy soon. Now this. Seems like a very active life in the Hood.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I did 20 years in the Corps and i'm pretty sure we didn't have "an attorney" when charged with a civilian crime. If you get court martialed you get a military lawyer or if you get NJP you have to speak with a military lawyer and you can get a will and power of attorney etc... I suppose he could contact them and ask a few questions but I'm pretty sure they would recommend he speak to a civilian lawyer.
    I had a buddy @ Camp Lejeune who went to DC to visit back in the late 90s. When he had his trunk open a police officer saw a rifle case and asked about it. When he showed him his id card the cop told him to leave DC and not to bring the weapon back. So, maybe the OP caught a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom