• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I know that garage supports a stock-height 2015 F-150 4x4. IIRC, my antenna was bouncing off of overhead items. I parked there in November for a PP rally.

-John

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Response to my second email from Chief Wilson:

The primary function of the Maryland Capitol Police is to provide a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties.

After two individuals were struck by vehicles on June 6, 2017 at 3:08pm and June 21, 2017 at 6:48pm the Maryland Capitol Police out of concern for public safety asked the group to move their location to Lawyers Mall.

The Maryland Capitol Police requires any organization planning a demonstration on state grounds to fill out and submit a Public Event Permit Applications which can be found on the Maryland Capitol Police website under "Demonstration Procedures", or at the following link: http://mcp.maryland.gov/Documents/MCP Form 3 - Public Event Permit Application - Part 1 (11-17).pdf.

Often the Maryland Capitol Police will allow unscheduled rallies and groups to protest without a permit if the space is available. The issue in this case was for public safety, the demonstrators were restricting pedestrians from freely using the sidewalks and crosswalks while distracting drivers, causing an unsafe environment.

The rules governing protests and demonstrations on state property are also available on the Maryland Capitol Police website by clicking the Demonstrating on Public Property link under "Demonstration Procedures", or at the following link: http://mcp.maryland.gov/Documents/DemonstratingonPublicProperty.pdf.

Demonstrations are also governed by COMAR 04.05.01.03.

There have been no recent changes to MCP policy concerning demonstrations.

On Monday February 5, 2017 at approximately 1920 hours MCP responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Out of concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being struck by vehicles in the last year and a half, and nearly half dozen reported pedestrian complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall.

After three (3) requests to move from the sidewalk and into Lawyers Mall, two individuals refused to move and were subsequently arrested. The reason for this relocation was to allow unobstructed passage of pedestrians on the sidewalk and not to continue to distract driver’s attention near the crosswalks at this intersection.

The persons arrested were affiliated with the group “Patriot Protest”. The mission of the Patriot Picket Organization is to; promote this media-savvy form of Second Amendment activism everywhere, to share our knowledge and experience in high-visibility sign picketing, refine our political tactics, improve our media interview techniques, and persuade our fellow Patriots nationwide to pick up a sign and join (https://patriotpicket.org/).

The Patriot Picket Organization was clearly causing a safety issue, which was concerning to the Department. There were several safety issues and concerns, for example:

· Time and Location of this particular demonstration

· There have been several pedestrians struck by vehicles at this location

· Visibility was limited, due to darkness. Tower lights are used to increase visibility

· Maryland Legislative Session was to convene at 2000 hours, and there were several pedestrians in the area, using the crosswalk.

· The group was using signs, limiting pedestrian flow on the sidewalks, distracting drivers, causing an unsafe environment.

Arrestees were transported to the Annapolis Police Department where they were charged on a criminal citation. The remainder of the group then proceeded to the Mall area to continue their protest.

Charges:

1. Criminal Law Article 6-409 (b) Refusal or Failure to Leave Public Building or Grounds

A person may not refuse or fail to leave a public building or grounds, or a specific part or a public building or grounds, during regular business hours if:

(1) The surrounding circumstances would indicate to a reasonable person that the person who refuses or fails to leave:

(i) has no apparent lawful business to pursue at the public buildings or grounds; or

(ii) is acting in a manner disruptive of and disrupting to the conduct of normal business by the government unit that owns , operates, or maintains the public buildings and grounds; and

(2) An authorized employee of the government unit asks the person to leave.

2. Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances

12 (c) (1) A person may not willfully and without lawful purpose obstruct or hinder the free passage of another in a public place or on a public conveyance.

3. COMAR – 04.05.01.03 - Prohibited Conduct

A. An individual shall be subject to arrest if the individual: Obstructs entrances, walks, corridors, elevators, offices, stairways, or parking lots.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Response to my second email from Chief Wilson:

The primary function of the Maryland Capitol Police is to provide a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties.

After two individuals were struck by vehicles on June 6, 2017 at 3:08pm and June 21, 2017 at 6:48pm the Maryland Capitol Police out of concern for public safety asked the group to move their location to Lawyers Mall.

The Maryland Capitol Police requires any organization planning a demonstration on state grounds to fill out and submit a Public Event Permit Applications which can be found on the Maryland Capitol Police website under "Demonstration Procedures", or at the following link: http://mcp.maryland.gov/Documents/MCP Form 3 - Public Event Permit Application - Part 1 (11-17).pdf.

Often the Maryland Capitol Police will allow unscheduled rallies and groups to protest without a permit if the space is available. The issue in this case was for public safety, the demonstrators were restricting pedestrians from freely using the sidewalks and crosswalks while distracting drivers, causing an unsafe environment.

The rules governing protests and demonstrations on state property are also available on the Maryland Capitol Police website by clicking the Demonstrating on Public Property link under "Demonstration Procedures", or at the following link: http://mcp.maryland.gov/Documents/DemonstratingonPublicProperty.pdf.

Demonstrations are also governed by COMAR 04.05.01.03.

There have been no recent changes to MCP policy concerning demonstrations.

On Monday February 5, 2017 at approximately 1920 hours MCP responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue, Annapolis, Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Out of concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being struck by vehicles in the last year and a half, and nearly half dozen reported pedestrian complaints concerning vehicles failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall.

After three (3) requests to move from the sidewalk and into Lawyers Mall, two individuals refused to move and were subsequently arrested. The reason for this relocation was to allow unobstructed passage of pedestrians on the sidewalk and not to continue to distract driver’s attention near the crosswalks at this intersection.

The persons arrested were affiliated with the group “Patriot Protest”. The mission of the Patriot Picket Organization is to; promote this media-savvy form of Second Amendment activism everywhere, to share our knowledge and experience in high-visibility sign picketing, refine our political tactics, improve our media interview techniques, and persuade our fellow Patriots nationwide to pick up a sign and join (https://patriotpicket.org/).

The Patriot Picket Organization was clearly causing a safety issue, which was concerning to the Department. There were several safety issues and concerns, for example:

· Time and Location of this particular demonstration

· There have been several pedestrians struck by vehicles at this location

· Visibility was limited, due to darkness. Tower lights are used to increase visibility

· Maryland Legislative Session was to convene at 2000 hours, and there were several pedestrians in the area, using the crosswalk.

· The group was using signs, limiting pedestrian flow on the sidewalks, distracting drivers, causing an unsafe environment.

Arrestees were transported to the Annapolis Police Department where they were charged on a criminal citation. The remainder of the group then proceeded to the Mall area to continue their protest.

Charges:

1. Criminal Law Article 6-409 (b) Refusal or Failure to Leave Public Building or Grounds

A person may not refuse or fail to leave a public building or grounds, or a specific part or a public building or grounds, during regular business hours if:

(1) The surrounding circumstances would indicate to a reasonable person that the person who refuses or fails to leave:

(i) has no apparent lawful business to pursue at the public buildings or grounds; or

(ii) is acting in a manner disruptive of and disrupting to the conduct of normal business by the government unit that owns , operates, or maintains the public buildings and grounds; and

(2) An authorized employee of the government unit asks the person to leave.

2. Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances

12 (c) (1) A person may not willfully and without lawful purpose obstruct or hinder the free passage of another in a public place or on a public conveyance.

3. COMAR – 04.05.01.03 - Prohibited Conduct

A. An individual shall be subject to arrest if the individual: Obstructs entrances, walks, corridors, elevators, offices, stairways, or parking lots.
    Great.

Let's call that Exhibit A

As Exhibit B, let's offer the video that demonstrates clearly that the Chief is not telling the truth.

Then closing arguments...eh?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, the ACLU would love the Chief's follow-up and dissemblage. Riffing off the Post's tagline these days, "this is how democracy dies ...".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Where are the cheesiest high visibility vests to be found?

Ikea has them for $6 each in M or L/XL.

PT belts are $10ish on Amazon.

If I could make it, I'd wear high vis head to toe with a flashlight or two in hand.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Been out of the loop for awhile guys and gals but planning on trying my best to be there Monday night. I guess I'll have to tell the wife to have bail money ready. I do have one VERY important question that I think bears some thought. If as many people show up as we think may. Will there be too many people there and we actually WILL be blocking the sidewalk? Giving them a REAL reason to make arrests. Not trying t be a Debbie Downer but at this point we don't want to purposefully break any laws. We don't want to give them ANY reasons to make anymore arrests. Although I think it would be hilarious if they arrested a few delegates that may stand with us. Just food for thought.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'm bringing my framed reproduction of the United States Bill of Rights with a sign that says: "Hey Maryland Lawmakers! Would you like to buy an Amendment?"

The frame and clear protective layer is all plastic so it can't be construed as dangerous, nor will it be on a stick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom