• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    Cost is a battle to be fought in the future.

A major battle has been won. We need to see how this shakes out, and then start expanding.

Cost and the idea of a roster are both areas for expansion.

Agreed. I cannot pretend that I am happy though. I wanted this brought to SCOTUS and settled for our side once and for all.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    DC NOW SHALL ISSUE !

SAF:

From VCDL

SAF and VCDL declaring victory means the rumors must really be true.

I have read that one thing Roberts looks for when a law is struck down is acceptance. This would be it. Anti-gun D.C. govt is accepting that they have at best a marginal case.

HUGE!

ETA: I still am not taking any guns into D.C. I have seen the gun free zone map and it looks like a trap.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    SAF and VCDL declaring victory means the rumors must really be true.

I have read that one thing Roberts looks for when a law is struck down is acceptance. This would be it. Anti-gun D.C. govt is accepting that they have at best a marginal case.

HUGE!

ETA: I still am not taking any guns into D.C. I have seen the gun free zone map and it looks like a trap.

I took my gun in to DC today, just like I have every other time I've been there in the last two years.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    Nothing on the DC AG page. Guess they don't like to publicize an ass whooping.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha this made me laugh. I had checked too and had the same thought

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. apply liberally DC.

Attachments

• whoop.jpg
      whoop.jpg
      20 KB · Views: 359

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I think it is important to get a DC permit even if you never step foot inside the District. I am thinking about the statistics that would help our cause. Imagine thousands and thousands of applications approved. As the years go by, no crimes performed by concealed carry permit holders. That would be a fact that could not be denied and would lend credence to our cause.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I think it is important to get a DC permit even if you never step foot inside the District. I am thinking about the statistics that would help our cause. Imagine thousands and thousands of applications approved. As the years go by, no crimes performed by concealed carry permit holders. That would be a fact that could not be denied and would lend credence to our cause.

I think we already have those facts throughout much of the rest of the country; they don't need to deny them, they just ignore them like they've always done.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself, but any other states like PA, where a resident permit opens up some additional doors for us DC residents?? MI maybe? (And yes I know about NH for PA)

What would be really ironic is if in the “ban the bump stock in exchange for CCW NR” shuffle, a bill is passed with NR for home state permits only. Would all you MoCo dwellers cross the line and move to the District???

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom