• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45CT

Oct 30, 2018
    I'm new to the area and want to go out and hunt coyotes this Saturday. I have the fur-bearer license, but it's confusing combing through all the MD hunting regulation websites, so I'm not sure if there's anything else I need.

Also, where is a decent place to hunt them? Been looking at state parks, but don't have enough knowledge of the area and information online is a little hard to come by

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'm new to the area and want to go out and hunt coyotes this Saturday. I have the fur-bearer license, but it's confusing combing through all the MD hunting regulation websites, so I'm not sure if there's anything else I need.

Also, where is a decent place to hunt them? Been looking at state parks, but don't have enough knowledge of the area and information online is a little hard to come by

If you were in WV, you wouldn't need a license AFAIK, because they are listed as "invasive species, open season, no bag limit".

Get to know some farmers in your area and after a while they might be open to you doing some coyote hunting for them on their property.

Please stop by the Introductions area and tell us a bit about yourself.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015

Many state parks are open 8 am to sunset. Call the park before planning your trip if you plan to hunt at night.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I'm looking to hunt Yote's this spring but I looked at the regs not sure if that's possible unless I'm just not reading it correctly. Will be using a ATN 5-14 NV Scope anyone got places or want to teach?

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    You can go to the DNR website and check state park hours. Many say sunrise to sunset, but if you look closer under ( hunting) some will say you may remain after hours if you are engaged in lawful hunting activity. Chapel Point, and Cunningham Falls I know say that.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Question: are hairs of a coyotes tail similar to the texture and length of buck/deer tails? I ask bc I am interested in making some jigs for fishing and wondering if it can be used and I ll buy some if it is.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Got this on my camera. Hope to get out in the next couple weeks to try to thin the population.
    7bf7125e3622bfadd55073796af9e742.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I'm looking for some clarfications I'm sitting here looking at the MD Hunting laws for the first time and MAN confusing. So I beleive I can hunt Coyotes in the following counties with a rifle.

Carroll, Caroline, Dorchester, Somerset, Worchester, Wilcomico, Cecil, Garrett, Alleghany, Washington and Part of Fredrick

And from my research on Central Region Hunting Areas I can hunt with said rifle in Grove Farm WMA, Old Bohemia WMA, Earleville WMA (with Central Region Permit)

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I think that the center fire caliber restrictions for Frederick County are for deer hunting only and possibly for other counties as well.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Those Frederick rifle restrictions are for deer not Yotes; if hunting State Parks or WMA's must check each individual unit for any rifle restrictions or call DNR they'll provide info to avoid any violation.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    I'm looking for some clarfications I'm sitting here looking at the MD Hunting laws for the first time and MAN confusing. So I beleive I can hunt Coyotes in the following counties with a rifle.

Carroll, Caroline, Dorchester, Somerset, Worchester, Wilcomico, Cecil, Garrett, Alleghany, Washington and Part of Fredrick

And from my research on Central Region Hunting Areas I can hunt with said rifle in Grove Farm WMA, Old Bohemia WMA, Earleville WMA (with Central Region Permit)

You looking @ Deer hunting section doesn't apply to Yotes; case in point, you can groundhogs and yotes in Montgomery Co with a rifle below .25 caliber. I'm not aware of private land restrictions in those mention counties. I have hunted yotes in those western shore counties with a .204 & .223. If their is any restriction its a County regulation, I think Howard County passed a county regulation a few years ago.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I emailed the game warden a few questions that I had to see what they say. How do you find out a caliber restriction by county? I didn't see that in the regs.

County specific laws in MD can take two forms:
    - in 'charter' counties, they are passed by the county and published by the county
    - in 'commissioner' and 'code home rule' counties, county specific laws are passed as state law and you would find them on the state website.

And none of them would show up on the DNR site as even the game wardens dont want to get in the middle of that cluster****.

Good luck !

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Do you have a link to these said laws? I just looked for 30minutes for any in cecil county and got nothing. This is the first state i have ever seen some stuff like this but MD amazes me every day

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom