• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Crap they put it on Facebook too. If it becomes a membership drive and I limit it in any way it could blow back on MDS and them as a whole.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Crap they put it on Facebook too. If it becomes a membership drive and I limit it in any way it could blow back on MDS and them as a whole.

Best just leave it wide open. That's kinda how those things usually work and often some n00b wins the prize with no real use for it or intent to purchase in the future. It's just marketing.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Package came. Shocking what 10 blades dont weigh when they're hollow ground.

The blem pensioner I bought. Very light, very traditional. I dont take purty pictures.

Everything else stay tuned til August...

Attachments

• 20190424_195008.jpg
      20190424_195008.jpg
      102.2 KB · Views: 284

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    This one pictured here is my third knife from kailash. Really like the color pattern of the horn handle on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_095423.jpg
      IMG_20190327_095423.jpg
      114 KB · Views: 274

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Wish there was a dependable way to ship stuff to them. Maybe DHL would be good, they get things here from there. Wonder what those guys could do with a real anvil.

Randy Wood

Jan 30, 2010
    Bishnu just sent me an update showing my Pensioner after the grind. Looks like the rosewood handle has been given a rough profile also at this stage.

These personalized updates with photos of the production processes performed on our specific blades are fantastic.
    1a78c50eb2c44a061866af25990059a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Bishnu just sent me an update showing my Pensioner after the grind. Looks like the rosewood handle has been given a rough profile also at this stage.

These personalized updates with photos of the production processes performed on our specific blades are fantastic.
    1a78c50eb2c44a061866af25990059a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

They really are a class above! That looks great!

Thinking of adding a cursive to my short list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I’m interested in a blade. Something to use for camp type chores; splitting wood, mild chopping, defense against grizzlies, etc. I don’t know which style would be best suited. Not interested in mirror finish. Which style to order and which length? Will most likely be attached to a pack when hiking/camping.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    I’m interested in a blade. Something to use for camp type chores; splitting wood, mild chopping, defense against grizzlies, etc. I don’t know which style would be best suited. Not interested in mirror finish. Which style to order and which length? Will most likely be attached to a pack when hiking/camping.

Whatever you decide get a full tang and a heavy duty grind if you want to work it hard. I have an Ek Chirra in those parameters and it handles everything I throw at it

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Yup

Whatever you decide get a full tang and a heavy duty grind if you want to work it hard. I have an Ek Chirra in those parameters and it handles everything I throw at it

Like i stated before. My mirrored ones for hd and i will be getting an ek chirra like brentona’s for exactly what he uses his. Heavy duty grind on the edge and satin or patina’d. Bretona said it is one helluva chopper

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Does anyone have a pic of a rat tail next to a full tang. I wanted to see that when I ordered mine with the full tang.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Does anyone have a pic of a rat tail next to a full tang. I wanted to see that when I ordered mine with the full tang.

I'm sure there's a pic on the site somewhere, the difference between the two is that the rat tail is burned into the handle and doesn't have mechanical fasteners. This is good for light work or martial arts practice where weight is undesirable. If you want to use the Khukuri to it's full potential, I think you made the right choice with a full tang. Those things are built like tanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom