• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have this Ortgies pistol. I traded for a box of parts and unfinished projects a few years back. The pistol was in the box. The grips were broken off (typical) and the original magazine was missing. My son wanted to play with it for a while and put repro grips on it. I still need a magazine.

Are original parts out there? I it worth it?

This is made probably in 1922? It is marked Germany so it is probably a prewar commercial gun and not a WWII bring back.

Attachments

• ortgies-2.jpg
      ortgies-2.jpg
      104.4 KB · Views: 157
    • ortgies-1.jpg
      ortgies-1.jpg
      88 KB · Views: 166
    Last edited:

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    I have this Ortgies pistol. I traded for a box of parts and unfinished projects a few years back. The pistol was in the box. The grips were broken off (typical) and the original magazine was missing. My son wanted to play with it for a while and put repro grips on it. I still need a magazine.

Are original parts out there? I it worth it?

This is made probably in 1922? It is marked Germany so it is probably a prewar commercial gun and not a WWII bringhi back.

Parts are available from Numrich, wolf, triple k. Go to YouTube for grip removal.. be careful when removing the slide as there is a spring and Keeper in there the like to fly away forever! Is it worth it? I guess that's on you. I myave four or five of them. I think there are four different variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom