• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    Been all over their website and can't seem to find the amswer.is anyone fimilar with how the family membership works? Hubby is joining this year and I'd like to get a family card as well. Does he have to still he present for me to go or can I go bymyself?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "Family Range Badge

Family member badges may be issued to bona fide family members. Only immediate family members of a regular adult AGC badge holder will also be entitled to acquire additional badges for family members and relatives residing together to include, immediate family members of the regular adult AGC badge holder including the spouse and children under the age of 23 still living at home. All badges are assigned to an individual by name and are to be used by that person exclusively."

The above is from the AGC website. Cost is $57 and you will need a range orientation too.

Once you have your own range badge you can go whenever you want

nknacd

Nov 16, 2008
    you have to join one of the clubs that is an associate. there should be a list on agc's site. once you are a member of that club then you can apply for the membership at agc.

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    "Family Range Badge

Family member badges may be issued to bona fide family members. Only immediate family members of a regular adult AGC badge holder will also be entitled to acquire additional badges for family members and relatives residing together to include, immediate family members of the regular adult AGC badge holder including the spouse and children under the age of 23 still living at home. All badges are assigned to an individual by name and are to be used by that person exclusively."

The above is from the AGC website. Cost is $57 and you will need a range orientation too.

I read all that but was unsure if there were any stipulations to my membership since it's a most like an "add on" I want to be able to go even if he isn't with me

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    you have to join one of the clubs that is an associate. there should be a list on agc's site. once you are a member of that club then you can apply for the membership at agc.

Is that for me as well or just my husband? He joined last year so he's fimilar with joining a club and doing the walk thru but wasn't sure about for me. Is me paying the $57 getting me basically my own card and can go just as if I were to pay the full price or are there stipulations to mine since I'm adding on as a spouse

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    To make it simple:

1) Join one of the 31 clubs that call AGC home
    2) both you and your spouse attend a range orientation done by your club
    3) one of you pays the full cost (currently $170) and the other the 'spouse/family' fee ($57). Get your photo ID.

Now either of you can go to the range and shoot without the other. No restrictions!

Does this make sense?

siggirl1911

Dec 6, 2016
    Baltimore co.
    To make it simple:

1) Join one of the 31 clubs that call AGC home
    2) both you and your spouse attend a range orientation done by your club
    3) one of you pays the full cost (currently $170) and the other the 'spouse/family' fee ($57). Get your photo ID.

Now either of you can go to the range and shoot without the other. No restrictions!

Does this make sense?

YES! THANK YOU! Exactly the answer i was hoping for

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    LOL -- past club secretary, club instructor and now president of one of the largest clubs out there. I have explained it several times!

Love to see you and your hubby there! We are seeing more women and young couples coming out to the range. It is encouraging as women make up a large percentage of new gun sales.

Check out all the clubs and find one that meets your shooting needs. I visited several before I settled on Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club (almost 20 years ago).

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    You and your husband don't have to join the same club at AGC.
    My wife and I belong to different clubs.
    I guess you could call ours a "mixed" marriage. :D

Regulus91

Aug 3, 2017
    Myersville, MD
    Some of us belong to more than one club. It is not uncommon.

I hope this doesn't come off as a stupid question, but do the clubs usually charge membership dues and initiation fees on top of the AGC range fee? I'm looking for the most affordable/cheapest way to enjoy the hobby since I'm on such a limited budget. I noticed one of the clubs listed on the site is the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, which I recently joined - is membership in that (plus the range orientation) enough to qualify me for the $170 AGC range badge?

Thanks!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I hope this doesn't come off as a stupid question, but do the clubs usually charge membership dues and initiation fees on top of the AGC range fee? I'm looking for the most affordable/cheapest way to enjoy the hobby since I'm on such a limited budget. I noticed one of the clubs listed on the site is the Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, which I recently joined - is membership in that (plus the range orientation) enough to qualify me for the $170 AGC range badge?

Thanks!

Yes, they are an associated club. You will need the range orientation. And the good news is: since it's after July 1st the range badge is half price( if you haven't had a range badge before)

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD

Thanks!

All you need to do is arrange for a range orientation.

Currently Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club and Old Post Rifle and Pistol Club have been doing the orientations.

You are welcome to come out on the next meeting and take the range orientation. The next Monumental meeting will be on 08/19/17 at 2:00PM in Memorial Hall (at the end of AGC Lane across from the trap fields). The orientation should start about 2:15 or so and last about 2 hours. Bring ear protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom