• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    No its not, but Beretta betrayed us. F-them. Buy a Hi-point instead.

Sorry for being off topic, but this is the first I'm seeing of this...

Has it been confirmed that they're staying?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Sorry for being off topic, but this is the first I'm seeing of this...

Has it been confirmed that they're staying?

Yes. There is a thread about it. They are not going to relocate any of their existing facilities. They said they will reconsider any expansion here, but that's it.

Cliff P

Mar 22, 2013
    Bel Air
    No its not, but Beretta betrayed us. F-them. Buy a Hi-point instead.

On topic, anything new to the market in the last 15 years is unregulated. So the SCAR, ACR, XCR, Tavor, FN2000, PS90, Sig556, etc... are all cash and carry. And for the record, Mini-14s and Mini-30s are awesome.

Stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Would an ARAK-21 be considered unregulated? ;) Sure it sits on an AR lower, but it's technically not an AR or an AK, or an FN. It's all of them. :D

Apr 27, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    On topic, anything new to the market in the last 15 years is unregulated. So the SCAR, ACR, XCR, Tavor, FN2000, PS90, Sig556, etc... are all cash and carry.

Since when? I own a FS2000, PS90 and Sig556, and I had to go through the same hoops as everyone else if they were to purchase a pistol or any other regulated firearm.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Since when? I own a FS2000, PS90 and Sig556, and I had to go through the same hoops as everyone else if they were to purchase a pistol or any other regulated firearm.

Well then you got butt raped by your FFL who should have known better. This is what happens when the government is feared and people don't know the law. You should have been able to buy all of those as not regulated firearms.

Here are some of my NOT REGULATED firearms purchased in Marylandistan.

Attachments

• DSCN0032.jpg
      DSCN0032.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 797
    • DSCN0968.jpg
      DSCN0968.jpg
      59.6 KB · Views: 861
    • HBAR.jpg
      HBAR.jpg
      32.6 KB · Views: 834
    • IMG00136.jpg
      IMG00136.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 817
    • DSCN0049.jpg
      DSCN0049.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 825

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    The state police have made a statement that the Saiga-12 is not an AK copy because it is a smooth bore shotgun.

Until the disseminate it with an official signature attached, many gun shops will not sell it unregulated. A simple statement does not supersede any thing, in their opinion. They have a business to protect.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Although off topic, I dont think Beretta betrayed us. Their intention was against SB 281, but the cost to make good on their promise is prohibitive. It may have been a bluff, to help discourage the passing of the bill. It was at least a good effort in my book, vs many who have done nothing. (I dont work for, or own any Beretta stocks)

For example, I would like to leave Maryland as well to avoid all the new tax and gun control laws of the state, but that would be an expensive action at this time because the house is well below value vs the mortgage. So that would be a big loss to sell the house, not to mention the time it takes to find a new home, and new job.

Back to topic as well, so if we find these unregulated firearms in stock, it would mean cash and carry after NCIS check?

So, using your logic, would it be ok for them to offer a warranty and then tell you it was a BLUFF to keep business?

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    No, they're leaving, sort of....

Jeff Reh, lead council for Beretta, USA got some SB281 legislation changed at the last minute, but got NOTHING for law abiding Marylanders. And they will be staying in Maryland. He stated they will be "looking" at other states when they plan to expand.

They are staying.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The S-12 should never have been sold regulated regardless of what MSP thought.

The law states AK RIFLES and the law goes on to define the difference between a rifle and shotgun.

The S-12 is clearly a shotgun and not an AK rifle.

As for selling the PS90 and F2000 as regulated....find a new FFL you got screwed.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    You just can't beat a Ruger Mini-14. Light weight and compact. The tried and true SKS is also a great rifle. Feinstein ugly, but still a great rifle.

I was in PA a few days ago and saw a .223 made by Beretta. Looks just like a CX4, but I can't remember the model. Not on the banned list in Maryland. Cash and carry in PA even if you're a MD resident.

Ammo Bunker I think it what the store was called. PA, Exit 4, turn left, go up the hill about a mile, store on left wrapped in camo. Even smells like a gun shop. They had oodles of 30 round mags too, but I didn't buy any because they cause death and destruction.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yugoslavian SKS.

M14 Flash Hider (1st Model)

M1 Garand Front Sight.

Fully Adjustable RPK Rear Sight.

Zinc Parkerized.

Once a Machinist-Always a Machinist.

IMG_3975.jpg

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    We can go to va and buy a long gun that would be non regulated in md right? Like we can go to va, cash and carry an hbar correct?

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    i measured the tavor and it is not allowed after 10/1/13. the limit is 29 inches and the tavor is 26.5. soooo if we could get a tavor with a 20 in barrel ,well it would be ok. i dont know if they offer it yet, i think only 16 and 18 in barrels are availabl;e. now a 18 in and a 1 in but pad on the butt well that would be ok at 29.5
    hey imi are you listening

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom