• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The only purchases I regret are the ones I did not make when I had the chance. There are too many Could Have's and Should Have's in the past just remember today is tomorrows past so don't pass up those purchases you will regret for not making later. "I remember when ________ was only $XX and you could buy them by the case."

Amen to that. It's funny I don't remember all of my purchases, but I sure remember the deals I hesitated to make.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Recently bought a Zastava M57 CHEAP but jury is still out on it. Word to wise... LUBRICATE WELL, it will jam/lock up. :mad54: The 7.62X25 is one hell of a round, it HAS BALLS! More than the 9mm Luger I think or that's at least what the wood backstop says.
    Ammo EXPENSIVE but fun to shoot when all goes well!

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Who needs to convert to 9mm? In two seconds of full auto with AM180 you put down range the equivalent of two .45 70 rounds (hyperbole but close) with little recoil so all projectiles hit your target. Also my friend had a twenty round magazine and a semi auto rifle and I had my AC556. Bump firing he emptied his magazine faster than I could. Who needs full auto?

I don't know if I have ever seen an AM180 get through a drum without choking.

No way your friend is as accurate or fast bump firing vs an m16.

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I don't know if I have ever seen an AM180 get through a drum without choking.

No way your friend is as accurate or fast bump firing vs an m16.

Never said M16 I had an AC556. Also my AM180 ran fine until the last round and it choked on that one every time. But just change mags and you were good to go. Don't know what you mean by 'get through a drum without choking'.

stacks3700

Member Member
    Mar 30, 2017
    I regret buying my POS SD9VE, being as though it was my first handgun it was really an impulse buy. Looking to trade it in for either a M&P Shield or Gen3 G19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I regret buying my POS SD9VE, being as though it was my first handgun it was really an impulse buy. Looking to trade it in for either a M&P Shield or Gen3 G19.

If you can get someone to trade you that POS for a M&P or a G19 you need your own car dealership ;)

Humdi

Apr 21, 2017
    M&P 15-22
    Convincing myself that I'll keep it for the kids instead of trading it and losing more then half

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Zenith ZIG PC 1911 Custom Tactical/Target. This is a Turkish Tisas 1911 given a custom treatment by Zenith Firearms. Two tone DuraCoat, target sights, crowned barrel, flared mag well, personalized trigger over travel and reset, polished feed ramp. It has been a PITA since day one.

The company advertised delivery within 30 days or they would notify me of any delay. It got to my FFL in 41 days and I was not notified.

I took a look at it when it arrived, knowing I had the seven day wait ahead of me. I ordered a custom two-tone DuraCoat and what I received was monotone. I notified Zenith and they authorized a return as soon as I could take possession of the pistol.

Zenith turned the pistol around in exactly a week and the two-tone finish looked great.

A couple of days later I took it to the range for the first time. The first round would chamber when I pulled back the slide and released it, but the next round would nose dive. After careful examination I discovered that the slide stop protruded into the slide just enough to contact the nose of the next cartridge in the magazine and tip it downward.

Again I returned it to Zenith to have that fixed as well as some other shortcomings I found. The fiber optic insert on the front sight fell out at the range. The front sight was installed off center. The feed ramp was DuraCoated, not polished.

Zenith fixed everything and when I got the pistol back it ran through 50 rounds flawlessly and the accuracy was outstanding after I got the sights adjusted to my liking.

This evening I took the pistol to the range again. The first few rounds were dead on, but my shots started "walking" to the left gradually until they were off the paper. The rear sight had come loose and drifted left!

Zenith has some serious quality control issues with their custom work, at least as far as my pistol is concerned. I'm invested in it now and will once again have their customer service people fix it. I have high hopes, because it felt and shot like a dream in that brief shining moment before the rear sight went walkabout.

I would advise anyone considering a Zenith custom package to wait a while until this new venture gets its act together. Yes, I'm an optimist.

Just got an e-mail from Zenith announcing a new business model. They are eliminating three product lines to focus on their signature roller-delayed blowback firearms. They have sold their inventory of Tisas, Girsan and Tedna firearms to CDNN, a Texas-based firearms wholesale liquidator.

So my assessment of their custom shop seems to have been right. My 1911 is now in great shape after several trips through there and down the road may be a collector's item. Seriously though, the stock Tisas and Girsan firearms are bargains at their original prices, so I intend to watch for them to show up at CDNN.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Loved how the Keltec sub2000K in 9mm folded in half for a small backpack.

But nope. Sold it, still new, after firing someone else's first. Couldn't get a sight picture with ear protection on. Gone.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Glock 30SF

Not the best choice for new shooter and first handgun. I was very uneducated and over paid at a terrible gun shop. Haven't shot it in nearly 2 years but I don't want to get rid of it since it was my first handgun.

sht4fun

Mar 19, 2017
    I was regretting buying a Smith & Wesson 15/22. I thought about selling it but decided to try to convince my wife to try it. She's accompanied me several times to the range and likes shooting it. Not so much the bigger caliber guns. I'm giving her some time to get comfortable with guns. So now I'm in a "wait and see" attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom