• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    What are you guys running? My dad moved a scope from a 20" WOA that he will likely use for dmr and looking for a replacment. What are some of you guys running?

Was thinking a 2.5-10 would be great, the 1-4s might be a bit small for his eyes on the big end (600 yards)

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I have not competed yet but have a build for this purpose. swfa 10x right now till i decide. Prob going 2.5-10 in the Viper but stronglt considering the Burris 2.5-10 or the 1-8 in the XTRII. I want to lay hands on them and look at the glass before deciding.
    Burris has a great NRA instructor discount if that can help you.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I've got a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 on my "DMR". I say that because it's just a 16 inch Noveske Recon barrel on a BCM upper/lower. That being said, it is spooky how accurate that 1-4 is. I like the idea of a 1-6 or 1-8, but I got a smoking deal on the gen 1 PST closeout from optics planet. So I have no regrets.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    He current has a 1-4 Burris Mtac on his carbine, I have a 1-4PST on my carbine as well. If the burris comes in MOA/MOA in the 1-8 that might be an option.

I just picked up a 2.5-10 PST for a .308 carbine and pleasantly surprised in the quality/clarity. Thanks guys, a recticle that allows holdovers is super important in his DMR scope selection, not much time to turn knobs a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom