Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Is there even such a thing when collecting guns? :lol:

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    When you go to sneak another gun into the safe when your wife isn't looking, only to realize there is no room in the safe. Now you need to sneak another safe into the house.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    When you go to sneak another gun into the safe when your wife isn't looking, only to realize there is no room in the safe. Now you need to sneak another safe into the house.

I’m running into this problem. Not sure how to sneak a safe in. Did manage to sneak a six handgun pick up in. That wasn’t easy. One didn’t fit. Have three more coming soon and no where to put them.

Ski169

May 28, 2012

Haha! Pretty much this. I have to lean into my safe door to close it. So I’m about at the point of getting another one when finances allow. The day I have too many is the day I die.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I believe that in the 90s (it might have been for Brady II), they proposed an "Arsenal License" required for owning more than 15 guns and/or (snicker) 1,000 rounds of ammunition.

Someone once suggested referring to your collection in terms of "Arsenal Units"... i.e. 150 guns = 10 A.U.s .... that should be much easier to explain to your better half. But, Honey... I only bought a half an AU at the gun show this week.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I'll play: When your collection winds up in the basement because the floor couldn't handle the weight anymore.

but what if it starts there?

i've even told myself a few times over the past couple of years that i didn't need anything else, and yet i have bought a couple each of the last couple years... the only so-called good news is i have sold a few off that weren't used much, if any.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    No matter what they say I dun, well I ain't never had too much gun.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    The answer to the question of how many guns should you add to your collection is just like for the question "how many Marine Recruits can you fit into a cattle car?" Always, "one more."

Yeah, I guess if you have to sleep in the garage because the guns have the house, that might be too many.

but what if it starts there?

i've even told myself a few times over the past couple of years that i didn't need anything else, and yet i have bought a couple each of the last couple years... the only so-called good news is i have sold a few off that weren't used much, if any.

What is this word of which you speak: sold?? It's four letters, it must be bad.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I know a guy who, when he leaves for a gun show, takes several rifle cases that are empty, but he says he wants to sell the rifles in them. So when he comes back with the cases full of rifles he was "unable" to sell. One of these days his wife will be on to him if she isn't already. She may just be letting him think he's getting away with something.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’ve decided to sell off a few things lately. Stuff I just never really take to the range. Some were impulse buys, great guns but I’m in a purge mode with all things in my house so if I don’t use it on a semi regular basis it needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom