Where do you buy and AR/M4 in central MD????

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I’m relatively new to guns (own an XD .9mm and .40sc) and have zero knowledge of rifles. Is there any one source where I can go and read up on them (like difference between ar15 and m4)? I’m mostly interested in learning the parts, what they do, what to purchase, and finally how to assemble one. Any suggestions?

go to ar15.com. Find the forums for the ar15 general discussion and read. There is a few good articles there on how to assemble your own lower from the parts kit, including video. I am in a similar situation with you that I only own 1 handgun (before it got lost in that boating accident) and might be interested in an AR15. I've done a lot of reading online. Also, get together your questions and go visit Dan at Gun Connection, him or someone there can answer anything.

Wiki gives a good primer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine

When it comes to firearms, there can be no stupid question. My thoughts are it is better to ask the dumb question and risk being laughed at, then making an assumption and potentially hurting yourself or someone else.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Try AR15.com under the "Build it yourself" section. It has a detailed part by part section on how to build your own AR. Also you can read about other shooters, what they like and didn't like about parts and kits.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=3

Also try the "Rifle" section of MDS...you'll have to read back but when I was looking to build my first EBR, many of hte questions I had were answered here.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

hope this helps

go to ar15.com. Find the forums for the ar15 general discussion and read. There is a few good articles there on how to assemble your own lower from the parts kit, including video. I am in a similar situation with you that I only own 1 handgun (before it got lost in that boating accident) and might be interested in an AR15. I've done a lot of reading online. Also, get together your questions and go visit Dan at Gun Connection, him or someone there can answer anything.

Wiki gives a good primer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine

When it comes to firearms, there can be no stupid question. My thoughts are it is better to ask the dumb question and risk being laughed at, then making an assumption and potentially hurting yourself or someone else.

Thank you both!

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    :(
    ar.jpg

will get to 100% by the frostbite shoot.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I hope they ban does not come and all the manufactures keep producing so there will be a bubble. The we can buy complete rifles for ~$550-670.

Maybe the founders will use their super powers to stop the Federal government from doing things that they are not supposed to do. I don't know what else can stop them, voter turn out in a couple years?

I think it will work out for us.

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    I hope they ban does not come and all the manufactures keep producing so there will be a bubble. The we can buy complete rifles for ~$550-670.

Maybe the founders will use their super powers to stop the Federal government from doing things that they are not supposed to do. I don't know what else can stop them, voter turn out in a couple years?

I think it will work out for us.

lets hope so............ i'd love 2 build a few soon..........

mako263

Feb 15, 2008
    LMT Defender 2000. Accurate Pawn price $1395. Said he ordered back in November. Received 24 last Thursday.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I went to all the dealers today, they jacked up their prices so much. A bushmaster that used to cost ~$900 is not averaging $1800.

****ing free market, obama should be subsidizing my AR.

wgpklaus

Nov 21, 2008
    I have an unfired Bushmaster AR-15 M4A3 Patrolmans Carbine in the classifieds section.

thats a hell of a deal, if I didn't have a LMT waiting to clear, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat <fighting urge to spend more money on guns...it's hard!>

Actually, I may be contacting you regardless after I head to Capitol Hill and see if I can get in on this "Stimulus" package! :-)

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    THANKS to everyone who PM'd Me and posted on here.

But, I believe that I've lost hope on the AR.

Complete uppers are no where to be found, complete rifles that are usually around $750 are now jacked up to $1,200 plus, and most places online are sold out of all the good parts.

I took a hard look at my self and realized that I already owned 5 Mosins and liked Russian things. So I just bought this nice Romanian WASR 10/63 AK.

0315092211-00.jpg

0315092211-01.jpg

I cleaned it and oiled it, then took it to Hap Baker, where it performed very nice. I think the TAPCO fire control group and chrome lined barrel make the difference.

So for now I'm stopping the AR project until I can buy a complete one for under $800 or get a descent upper at a reasonable price. Let's for for the gun bubble to burst.

My AR project stops here (Stag Complete Lower + 6 30rnd mags & 500rnds of .223)
    DSCN2012.JPG

My stamped and milled AK Project(s) are finished here & here
    0315092211-00.jpg

DSCN1996.JPG

I wish anyone looking for an AR or AR parts the best of luck, and even better luck with the prices.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom