• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Is there any reason a lower has a set screw hole on both of the front ears for the trigger guard instead of just on the right side?

Is there some tacticool part that I'm not aware of that requires a hole on both sides?

When I put I'm my Magpul trigger guard, the left side is going to look like I forgot a screw and will bother my OCD.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Is there any reason a lower has a set screw hole on both of the front ears for the trigger guard instead of just on the right side?

Is there some tacticool part that I'm not aware of that requires a hole on both sides?

When I put I'm my Magpul trigger guard, the left side is going to look like I forgot a screw and will bother my OCD.

The original design was meant for the trigger guard to be able to hinge down when wearing gloves so the rear hole got a role pin and the front holes held a spring loaded détente that could be disengaged for gloves.

th

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That's strange. There usually aren't two holes in the front. Just one. Who's lower is it?

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    The original design was meant for the trigger guard to be able to hinge down when wearing gloves so the rear hole got a role pin and the front holes held a spring loaded détente that could be disengaged for gloves.

th

I thought about that but the ones I've seen the detente is retained on the left with a roll pin through the trigger guard and the spring loaded part is on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom