• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    is it legal to buy the shell of a 33rd magazine in order to replace the worn feed ramps of a pre-ban mag we already own?

I already understand the illegality of purchasing a repair kit in Maryland but since i would not be constructing a new magazine from separate parts it seems plausible

is there any way i can repair this mag? or do i need to go out of state for a new one?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    1: Buy magazine body and magazine body only.

2: Exit the state of Maryland with magazine body, spring, follower, and base plate.

3: Assemble bits into a fully functional kitten slaughtering device.

4: Reenter Maryland.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have a favorite parking spot in the lot at the Arby's in Gettysburg where I eat curly fries and re-assemble bags of magazine parts. It's like having a hot date.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Your going to be hard pressed to find someone that has a mag body and will have anything to do with sending to MD . Regardless that it's legal it's mostly because they don't know .
    Your telling them won't cut it "There Lawyer" has to tell them and to sell one mag body won't reap enough profit to make it worth while , Just drive over to VA.or PA or DL have a lunch
    buy a couple and move on , Or wait for the next Dulles Show

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    You're going to have to go out of state to assemble the magazine with a new body legally anyways, so just go out of state and buy a new one. Or two. Or five.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I’ve seen cheap 33 rounders lots of places. I bought a pile them for less than $25 each. Not worth tracking down parts IMHO. Besides, if you wore out the lips I’m sure the spring is tired as well.

How much are you shooting to wear out the feed lips? Is it a factory glock mag?

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Go to the next Chantilly gun show, there is a vender in the main building, about 1/4 of the way off the left wall, almost all the way in the back, that sells Korean 33 round Glock mags. for $15 each, it's the best deal, that I've found for them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Go to the next Chantilly gun show, there is a vender in the main building, about 1/4 of the way off the left wall, almost all the way in the back, that sells Korean 33 round Glock mags. for $15 each, it's the best deal, that I've found for them.

Same guy who sells the ROK MP5 mags?

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    my main goal was to stay in state and see if could order a replacement body since the closest border is 90 minutes away from me

but if i have to go out of state to assemble a mag then i would just buy a new one or five in DE :)

DevinRPD

May 3, 2017
    Talbot
    Bypass Korean mags, not worth the trouble.

Wondering if the OP’s mag is Korean to start with.

lol not a chance.

the mag is probably a little greater than 10 years old and the metal ramps up top start to shift when it gets loaded past a certain round count

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Sorry, just didn’t understand why you would go to the trouble with your time+postage process on a parts swap out that seems to be a less attractive option than an occasional (and always) enjoyable trip to an OOS gun show.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    my main goal was to stay in state and see if could order a replacement body since the closest border is 90 minutes away from me

but if i have to go out of state to assemble a mag then i would just buy a new one or five in DE :)

I’m trying to figure out where you live in Maryland, I can see anywhere in Maryland that would take you 90 minutes to hit a border, unless you’re riding a bicycle or walking.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom