• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Was hanging out at The Undisclosed Location (The Sequel) in Virginia and was driving through town, only to notice a dude walking along with his mutts and open carrying a pistol.

This little town has gone progressively leftist since I left in 2000, so I have to wonder what reaction he got from some of the tourists and transplants. :lol2:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I believe this is the annex.

Hint-look at the forum this post is in.

LOL

sorry Norton, couldn't resist-but he does say it's VA

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If it were me, I wouldn't care, as long as it was legal.

The looks on their snowflake faces is priceless.

I wanted to talk with him, but was in the car. I just wanted to see what his experience was in town like that.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I OC’d in Warranton. No one stared or seemed to care

My DW RZ 10 in a Galco shoulder rig.

Total non event IMO

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I dream of a world like this. To me, a pistol on someone's hip is like a cell phone on someone's hip. Only reason to look is to see what brand he/she likes. Lil' sister CCs in N. Carolina where she lives(ex-hubby got her doing that). Like her Am-x, she don't leave home without it.

I should clarify. Ex husband is a good man. He taught her to shoot and helped her get her license.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I dream of a world like this. To me, a pistol on someone's hip is like a cell phone on someone's hip. Only reason to look is to see what brand he/she likes. Lil' sister CCs in N. Carolina where she lives(ex-hubby got her doing that). Like her Am-x, she don't leave home without it.

I rarely leave the house without one. Last night, my wife and I went out for a little while. Carry gun of choice was a .41 Magnum S&W.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I rarely leave the house without one. Last night, my wife and I went out for a little while. Carry gun of choice was a .41 Magnum S&W.

I am a pessimist at heart. I never see this ever coming to Merryland. Not in my lifetime.

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    If it were me, I wouldn't care, as long as it was legal.

The looks on their snowflake faces is priceless.

If more folks open carried maybe we could start making this more commonplace and eventually people would stop freaking out. Somewhere along the way the public got conditioned to freak and get their feelings hurt rather than seeing it for the tool it is. My kids now stare when they see someone open carrying but it’s because they want to know what type of pistol they're carrying :) I do the same thing with mountain bikes anytime I pass someone with one on a roof rack.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If more folks open carried maybe we could start making this more commonplace and eventually people would stop freaking out. Somewhere along the way the public got conditioned to freak and get their feelings hurt rather than seeing it for the tool it is. My kids now stare when they see someone open carrying but it’s because they want to know what type of pistol they're carrying :) I do the same thing with mountain bikes anytime I pass someone with one on a roof rack.

I'm not sure where I actually come down on that(in the DC surrounds). The A-hole ratio in these parts is way out of balance. It only takes one Richard Cranium to ruin things for the rest. I guess it is unavoidable though. But honestly, if I could open carry here, I would every day.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We finally, for the first time, made the very short trip across the Potomac into NoVa and stopped in to see the NRA's beautiful firearms museum (highly recommended!). It was a sleep Sunday afternoon, but there were some other visitors. Notably, a small gaggle of Asian tourists snapping photos of everything (with actual cameras, not phones! how about that). Just before 1:00PM, a large fellow in a Stetson ambled in. My eyes went right to his hip, where a pretty 1911 was riding in a handsome leather OWB. Turns out he was the tour guide, gathering souls for the daily 1:00PM narrated trip through the place. The tourists began to photograph him, and his carry piece, as if they'd just spotted Elvis having sex with Nessie in the lobby. He was quite good natured about it, clearly understanding that few people are used to seeing open carry out of the context of a uniform. It being NRA HQ, I thought they'd chosen him well (a strapping, good-looking guy who looked like a red-headed Viking cowboy), and he'd deliberately chosen to wear a stylish piece in beautifully worked leather, rather than going tacticool. It was fascinating to watch.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

That reminds me... What happened to that thread about the woman who was trying to normalize women going topless?

http://gotopless.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom