• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Pie leads to the use of more sugar , I hate these types of reports or stories ..Headline...News Flash>>> Water leads to more drownings SMH

bwceng11

MDS Supporter
    Nov 26, 2012
    Towson
    No Comments but there is an email listed

Just another person who wants to give power to a tool, rather than to the person who controls the tool.

I notice that Sun also has comments turned off.

Yes they do, but the good psychotherapist has his email listed! Hint, hint :innocent0

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Why of course they do. That's why people who've legally owned firearms for decades are committing all these acts of violence. Oh, wait, that's total horseshit.

I'll tell you a real tale of causality, if it weren't for people wanting to cover their tables when they eat crabs, Balmer Sun would have gone the way of the Dodo.

Last edited:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    He contradicts himself from one paragraph to the next:

Over time, the disconnection of those who kill from those who are killed has become magnified by weapons that separate each of those populations. Bows and arrows were replaced by firearms and cannons, and those in turn have been replaced by Scuds and heat-seeking missiles. Perhaps the highest form of air combat, besides ballistic missiles, is the drone. Each level of weaponry seems to be further disconnected from the other. With a drone, the pilot isn't even in the cockpit but is watching a television screen while maneuvering a joystick. (That name alone is ironic.)

Despite the distance, the soldiers who pilot drones do experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Apparently the distance from combat is not enough, and the soldiers' empathy kicks in.
    Which is it? Do these weapons force a personal disconnection, or are people still empathetic towards each other? Can't have both.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    That was the dumbest damned op-ed I think I've ever read. I am now stupider for having read it. That guy has no point and no argument. What an idiot.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

Which is it? Do these weapons force a personal disconnection, or are people still empathetic towards each other? Can't have both.
    Yeah, that really stuck out for me, too. He would have been better off just saying it's easier to dehumanize and kill people who aren't right up in front of you. Noting the similar traumatic outcomes undermined his own points.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Counterpoint: a society that refuses to incarcerate violent criminals begets violence. Can’t virtue signal your way to safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“They will not accept the truth that if you take all the guns off the street you still will have a crime problem, whereas if you take the criminals off the street you cannot have a gun problem."

—Jeff Cooper

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Why of course they do. That's why people who've legally owned firearms for decades are committing all these acts of violence. Oh, wait, that's total horseshit.

I'll tell you a real tale of causality, if it weren't for people wanting to cover their tables when they eat crabs, Balmer Sun would have gone the way of the Dodo.

I haven't subscibed to the Sun since my parakeet died and my dog was housebroken.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

That was the dumbest damned op-ed I think I've ever read. I am now stupider for having read it. That guy has no point and no argument. What an idiot.

Yeah, that really stuck out for me, too. He would have been better off just saying it's easier to dehumanize and kill people who aren't right up in front of you. Noting the similar traumatic outcomes undermined his own points.

I'm glad others had the same feeling that I did after I read whatever that space filler was. He never really made a point, but distracted himself continually along the way.

I think he has need of his own services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom