• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hope to pick my sub 2k up Wednesday and I need some ideas for a clever diversion case. I saw this one on ARF and thought it was pretty cool. Any other ideas for a diversion case for a Keltec sub 2k?

Attachments

• 8AB86679-B7C3-4A39-A293-7054ADB30684.jpeg
      8AB86679-B7C3-4A39-A293-7054ADB30684.jpeg
      36.9 KB · Views: 4,075
    • 8563EFD0-6DDF-4CFC-A538-292DC3CE6DC0.jpeg
      8563EFD0-6DDF-4CFC-A538-292DC3CE6DC0.jpeg
      35.9 KB · Views: 1,797

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I like that a lot except for the fact that a power tool is a high value target for thieves. Great for the trunk and carry in and out of the house. Terrible for the back seat of the car or anywhere else prying eyes can see it.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Laptop bag...its padded and has multiple pockets so you could keep loaded mags in one side and the rifle in another

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I use a camo backpack. The firearm goes in one area (the largest) and the magazines go into the next (usually smallest) compartment. I can also toss in my water filtration straw, some food items and other things of use. I can grab this bag out of the vehicle and go on foot if needed and I have enough items to give me an "advantage" in whatever situation. The sub-2000 is perfect for this application in my opinion.

The backpack can be squeezed and conformed into spaces under seats and out of view. Dark colors to blend into shadows. Slung over the shoulder if you have to move fast.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Could go double diversion- make that case the real diversion for a "hidden in plain sight" method that's not as attractive to the curious or criminal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I think the soft case sold by KelTec ($30?) isn't very recognizable, doesn't look expensive, and stores well. Only downside is that KelTec is monogrammed on one side for those that recognize the brand. I always leave that side face down if in the car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Putting it in a diaper bag would probably insure that it never gets stolen out of your car. A baby on board window sticker is also a good combo with the diaper bag. :)

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Putting it in a diaper bag would probably insure that it never gets stolen out of your car. A baby on board window sticker is also a good combo with the diaper bag. :)

Hollowed out real books make great diversion "safes" also- worked well in the Shawshank Redemption to hide a tool. Not big enough for the Subby but they do work for handguns.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    I think the soft case sold by KelTec ($30?) isn't very recognizable, doesn't look expensive, and stores well. Only downside is that KelTec is monogrammed on one side for those that recognize the brand. I always leave that side face down if in the car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

+1. the case designed for it works just fine.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Nondescript backpack, hide it in plain sight.

Hard-shell cases like the Ridgid tool case or Pelican Cases are great, but they do suggest something valuable inside.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Laptop bag...its padded and has multiple pockets so you could keep loaded mags in one side and the rifle in another

I went with this. It has a similar chambered glock and magazines. Looks all normal.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I like that a lot except for the fact that a power tool is a high value target for thieves. Great for the trunk and carry in and out of the house. Terrible for the back seat of the car or anywhere else prying eyes can see it.

Excellent point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom