• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Him winning isn't sending a message to those that voted in favor of SB281. I don't care if the person running against him is more anti-2nd Amendment than Brochin, his winning tells everybody that SB281 is fine and dandy, and what he did is fine and dandy. I don't agree with you on this one Patrick.

Looks like not a single person that voted in favor of SB281 is going to lose their seat and I really thought Brochin was going to. I need Tums and liquor tonight with what I am seeing in the primaries, and I might just start looking again at houses out of state like I did the spring of 2013.

Congress is scared to death to do anything with gun control because they have long memories. A large amount of them were replaced after the AWB was passed, and they attribute their replacement to passing that legislation. That is why they allowed it to sunset in 2004 without even a peep from any of them. That is why it is hard to get gun control legislation passed on a national scale. That is not happening here in this state.

I really hope the court case goes well for us because it is my only ray of hope of staying here as far as the 2nd Amendment issues are concerned. Now, fiscal policy in this state also makes me want to throw up, but that is for another chat board.

We all know this.. its why I was willing to to get flamed by suggesting that empty threats ( or threats that prove to be empty ) must be avoided. I did my best to make those threat take shape -- only others know if they did their best. Now we shake off the blow and get the f,,k back up -- or we do not.

Sleep on it. It will be just as bad in the morning, but you may be ready to try again.

Someday soon we must stop and assess -- one thing I guarantee those that have carried the fight this far may not be able to continue, so new blood is needed or it really is over.

Time to sleep on it --

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Hindsight is always wonderful. A crystal ball is even better.

Baltimore, and then Maryland as a whole, will probably go the way of Detroit. The liberals will wreck the place and move on long after the conservatives have already left, leaving only the poorest and dumbest behind that cannot find a way out of the city/state. How they cannot see this, I have no idea. I wonder how many conservative cities/states have gone the route of Detroit or other municipalities that have had to declare bankruptcy. Those would be some interesting statistics.
    Orange County, California declared bankruptcy before it was made fashionable by progressive politicians - way back in 1994.

OC never became Detroit. They filed not because of Detroit-like issues, they filed because they tried to turn their $8 Billion fund into a $10B fund through aggressive market investments. One day they were stuck between a rock and raising interest rates, and got squeezed for $1.5 Billion. Oops.

They fired the idiots and became poster-children on how to clean up after their own mess. They are not perfect, but I bet the Detroit Council would do just about anything to have places like Irvine, CA and Newport Beach. Nobody ran from OC, because they knew it would get fixed.

That faith does not exist in Detroit or Chicago. And the top performing state economies right now tend to be more red than blue.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Remember to always be respectful, polite and professional. It helps others to be willing to support you when they see you as such. Arrogant ,rude behavior makes people look at you as a problem or down on you and not support you or to be willing to hear you. We need to be able to speak with those we disagree with in order to have an effect or persuasion on them instead of them looking at us and saying, I remember that guy.. he's a jerk I don't want to talk to him or even worse if he's for it I am against it.

I'm sure the founding fathers were really respectful, polite, and professional when they tar and feathered assholes who infringed on their liberties.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Hindsight is always wonderful. A crystal ball is even better.

Baltimore, and then Maryland as a whole, will probably go the way of Detroit. The liberals will wreck the place and move on long after the conservatives have already left, leaving only the poorest and dumbest behind that cannot find a way out of the city/state. How they cannot see this, I have no idea. I wonder how many conservative cities/states have gone the route of Detroit or other municipalities that have had to declare bankruptcy. Those would be some interesting statistics.

DC will ensure that will not occur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom