• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    So I have had this up in the classifieds for two full cycles at a reasonable price. Only one day left on this site. I have now listed it on gunbroker.com for greater exposure, which was a PIA, but it's done. Shame no one in MD seized the opportunity. So why do you think it didn't sell?

If you want to see it on Gun Broker with greater details, the link is as follows:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=390038626

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Regardless of the price being reasonable or not, that is not even close to an entry level AR or a range toy. I think you are looking at a much smaller group of potential buyers who will appreciate that type of AR. Also, I think a lot of people are still recovering from the 1 OCT buying and most aren't in the market for $1500+ AR.

PS. I have a Precision Firearms upper on my varmint AR, you have good taste in dealers.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Why it didnt sell is a good guess. Broadly anything will sell at the right price, but we all have held onto guns we have wanted mid to top of the market for depending on what they were, how replacable they are etc. (e.g., I have posted an AIA M10 several times, admittedly high but I dont need to sell it and they are almost impossible to replace). My guesses would be:

1. Limited market (as you noted). Gotta have the right person at the right time.
    2. High end AR's, like second hand high end custom bikes, can be hard to sell sometimes as each person has their own image of style and if they are going to pay a lot of cash they want it exactly what they want.
    3. The AR market is REALLY saturated right now, unbelievably so. Granted most of that saturation is lower end to mid stuff, but it cuts into the market like any other commodity. Given the machining capacity of our fine Country I dont see this saturation ending anytime soon and there is probably still room for significant price reductions. Add to that bans and restrictions in several key states, demand is reduced.
    4. A lot of us blew our gun funds last fall.

Those would be my guesses. Best of luck selling it and i hope it finds a good home, its a nice rifle.

Anotherpyr

Ultimate Member
    Regardless of the price being reasonable or not, that is not even close to an entry level AR or a range toy. I think you are looking at a much smaller group of potential buyers who will appreciate that type of AR. Also, I think a lot of people are still recovering from the 1 OCT buying and most aren't in the market for $1500+ AR.

PS. I have a Precision Firearms upper on my varmint AR, you have good taste in dealers.

I think he nailed it.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    no way I would ever pay that much for an AR. If I wanted to spend that much money on one gun there are a lot of other things I would rather have.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I think it's because everyone is tapped out from pre Oct 1 purchases. I personally purchased 3 AR 15's last year. My Future spending is going to other types of firearms and/or accessories.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Over priced.

IF (big if) I am going to spend that much on an AR, I would spend just a little bit more (maybe) and buy brand new with the all the specific components that I wanted.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    If you aren't willing to take a 25% discount off of the cheapest price I can find for a new one, I'll just buy the new one.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    nice looking rifle.... but I can buy an hbar, glock, and a 10/22 for that. most people will not spend that on 1 rifle when they can have a few for the same price

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Custom-built uppers/rifles rarely sell well secondhand.

I sold a 16" custom upper off at a loss thru here, didn't lose my ass on it, but still lost about $250 or so.

The 12.2" upper was sold at a loss as well.

Market has hit saturation point, and a lot of buyers have either blown their wads or just aren't looking for a custom upper at the respective price.

You'll have a tough time getting what your asking, in MD or elsewhere.

Feb 28, 2013
    I think it's because everyone is tapped out from pre Oct 1 purchases. I personally purchased 3 AR 15's last year. My Future spending is going to other types of firearms and/or accessories.

So did I.:sad20:

As to the OP, nice rifle but personally not my cup of tea. I just prefer my AR's a little bit more "military issue" looking.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Here's why I think it isn't selling.

When people spend this kind of money on an AR, they want to know exactly who made the barrel. This is the most important part of an AR that was built for precision.

They also want to know who made the BCG and if it didn't come from a well known reputable manufacture, people really aren't interested in them.

When people spend this kind of money on an AR, they tend to want a handguard that's a little more high end.

Lastly, you sound like a used car salesmen in your add with the NiB BCG. A NiB BCG will not make a rifle cycle any better. It hasn't been adopted by the military and they are not a "Huge" Improvement over Phosphate coated BCG's. Fact is, they still need to be lubed like any other BCG and NiB is not magical. Someone who doesn't really know any better might fall for this pitch but anyone who knows what they are doing and is experienced with AR's will likely be turned off by your description of the NiB BCG. If anything, they are easier to clean if white glove inspections are your thing.

Here's a short video you should watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flju7NvWJ3c

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads