• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    This is an age old question and it would have been interesting if the OP used the voting function.

Me: Primary - my 12" AR pistol; Secondary - My G19

Great Advice! I'll keep that in mind....

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Great response! one metric ton S, 42 feet of F, towards you, 1 hour.

If I have an hour to choose, I have an hour to get out of the way. Even on a good day, there are a number of fans spraying some quantity of shit, just about every where. Dodging raindrops in a down pour is just a different way of getting wet.

Shelter in place or moving out of the way is a decision which requires more information to make. If you are in a canyon, which direction you go in an emergency; up or down, depends on whether the emergency is flames or water. You don't choose the emergency but you can educate yourself on which choices are best given the information at hand.

Best SHTF prepardness I've ever received is; Know yourself and seek self improvement, and build a network of people who possess skills you lack but have similar morals and values.

Rifles are OK, but given the versatility of just about any shotgun and my confidence in my ability to use it effectively with lots of different types of loads makes it my choice of long gun. Even jolting Joe Biden approves. :lol2:

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    Is this a Zombie apocalypse or Red Dawn 2019? Ar 5.56 and my Sig 9mm. Remember to double tap Zombies in the head. LMAO!

2020 election "Russia did it" antifa zombie apocalypse! Pure madness on the streets, homes are being raided, people assaulted on the streets, fire everywhere... just chaos and madness..

jrhzn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 17, 2017
    If I have an hour to choose, I have an hour to get out of the way. Even on a good day, there are a number of fans spraying some quantity of shit, just about every where. Dodging raindrops in a down pour is just a different way of getting wet.

Shelter in place or moving out of the way is a decision which requires more information to make. If you are in a canyon, which direction you go in an emergency; up or down, depends on whether the emergency is flames or water. You don't choose the emergency but you can educate yourself on which choices are best given the information at hand.

Best SHTF prepardness I've ever received is; Know yourself and seek self improvement, and build a network of people who possess skills you lack but have similar morals and values.

Rifles are OK, but given the versatility of just about any shotgun and my confidence in my ability to use it effectively with lots of different types of loads makes it my choice of long gun. Even jolting Joe Biden approves. :lol2:

Can't ever go wrong with a shotgun.... Starting to gravitate towards an SKS myself...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    2020 election "Russia did it" antifa zombie apocalypse! Pure madness on the streets, homes are being raided, people assaulted on the streets, fire everywhere... just chaos and madness..

If that is the case the hankies they wear would make very nice and easy to identify targets....:innocent0

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Only issue with a shotgun in a bug out situation is, the ammo is heavy.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Only issue with a shotgun in a bug out situation is, the ammo is heavy.

I'm not grabbing an SKS either(even if I owned one). Too heavy and unwieldy, and not a lot of 7.62 short lying around for pick-ups. Hell, the SKS was the reason Kalashnickov invented the AK-47.

Moyaone

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2017
    Well, just cause I don't have a 10/22 I'd grab my SW MP15/22! Seriously, I'd shelter in place as all my gear is here. On 5.5 acres of woods on dead end dirt road with a generator and a well, I can weather the power grid/banking failure that will have everyone freaking out just as they do around here under threat of snow. If its a true emergency (and I believe a dirty bomb will be the real SHTF scenario) I'll hope I'm far enough away from major metropolitan city to avoid the fallout. And yes, I know hope is not a plan, but sometimes its all ya got!

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    Glad at least one person got my "Red Dawn" reference. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Rifle or gun?

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
      rifle.jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 297

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    If forced to leave the house, I kind of figure that the weapons are disposable- once the ammo runs out, no sense carrying it any farther.
    Also, initially I’d want to be super low-profile. The biggest obstacle would probably be the police “keeping public order” and taking people’s weapons “so you don’t hurt nobody“.

If that scenario is OBE, and If I run out of ammo with the concealed weapon, I’d probably hold off as long as I can with the battle rifle.

I’d rather bug in with what I know about me and those around me, and use that to “our” advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom