• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Wouldn't it be great for the gun grabbers if they could get the media to put out some fake news that would make the NRA membership loose confidence in the organization. People would quit and the NRA would loose power. Without the NRA there would be no stopping the gun grabbers, unless you believe the 2A would stop them but remember the COTUS is only an old document written by old white people that doesn't apply in today's world.

A great win for the liberals, so let's all quit the NRA. I'd rather stay and address the problems. The NRA E board just unanimously re-elected LaPeirre and I'm sure they were aware of all of this. Gotta wonder who leaked and what their motive is.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    "The documents, posted anonymously........"

Sounds reliable to me. I'm not a big fan of the NRA, I'm a life member because I think without them, we got nothing. I know there are other groups but the NRAs shear numbers keep a lot of crap from being passed.

God help us if the NRA folds and another group don't pick up the slack.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    24 million dollars paid to a law firm over 13 months is crazy sh*t. I didn't read every page of these documents, but it doesn't seem like Ollie North ever was able to obtain a detailed breakdown of those bills.
    It takes a lot of "lube" to keep Washington on your side...

*sarcasm*

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Wouldn't it be great for the gun grabbers if they could get the media to put out some fake news that would make the NRA membership loose confidence in the organization. People would quit and the NRA would loose power. Without the NRA there would be no stopping the gun grabbers, unless you believe the 2A would stop them but remember the COTUS is only an old document written by old white people that doesn't apply in today's world.

A great win for the liberals, so let's all quit the NRA. I'd rather stay and address the problems. The NRA E board just unanimously re-elected LaPeirre and I'm sure they were aware of all of this. Gotta wonder who leaked and what their motive is.

Don you get it. it is virtually impossible to find any advocacy group without some serious problems. People who know what is at stake and what will happen with the alternative of a US without the NRA know that.

The gun control lobby has more than ten times the money.

God help us if the NRA folds and another group don't pick up the slack.

The other groups are tiny and have even larger problems and less transparency. NO elected official in a purple district, which is where the rubber hits the road, is worried about GOA hurting them.

If the NRA goes down the media will give the gun control lobby and bloomberg the credit, and they are going to appear to have slayed Goliath

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Hopefully this will lead to some serious restructuring and get the NRA back on track to where it needs to be. I believe we are up against some of the most anti 2A Democrats we have ever had to fight off in the near future and will need every resource we have to hold them back.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Never been a member and never will. God gives me my rights and I'll defend them myself with my own money, my own Blood and my own Honor.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If the NRA goes down the media will give the gun control lobby and bloomberg the credit, and they are going to appear to have slayed Goliath

It would give the Anti-2A movement the energy we got when Heller v DC and McDonald v Chicago were decided.

Only it would be worse, because every talking head, every late night comedian, would be doing specials dancing in the streets.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Here is a picture of the intern..
    Megan-Allen-NRA.jpg

Linkedin says she is a "gift planning associate" For some people a mid-life crisis is a sports car or transferable machine gun.

Much of the detail in the WSJ is also here: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...r-law-firm-spending-lapierre-expense-details/ not paywalled.

The NRA has been playing both ends against the middle for a long time. They have been endorsing democrat candidates at all levels of government for decades claiming that there has to be a "balance" of democrats and republicans to "support" the 2A.

Just my opinion, but I am convinced the only thing the NRA truly cares about is their own wallet.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    "R" stands for Rifle not Republican.

Its never a good idea to put all ones eggs in ones basket. The reason they do not support Democrats any more is because the Dems have gone far left. There used to be fiscally conservative pro-2nd amendment dems not so long ago. Maybe there will be again.

In any case, keep in mind that in FL and SC its the Republicans who are supporting gun control, rifle bans for 18-21 yr olds, and preventing constitutional carry. Also a lot of other places (like OH). Republicans support a **** ton of gun control all by themselves. The idea that only Dems give us gun control is a trope.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    "R" stands for Rifle not Republican.

Its never a good idea to put all ones eggs in ones basket. The reason they do not support Democrats any more is because the Dems have gone far left. There used to be fiscally conservative pro-2nd amendment dems not so long ago. Maybe there will be again.

In any case, keep in mind that in FL and SC its the Republicans who are supporting gun control, rifle bans for 18-21 yr olds, and preventing constitutional carry. Also a lot of other places (like OH). Republicans support a **** ton of gun control all by themselves. The idea that only Dems give us gun control is a trope.

The Maryland Shall Issue Bill used to be sponsored by a Democrat before he got primaried.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Statement Regarding the NRA

Allen West
    May 14, 2019

It has become very apparent that I need to speak out about what is happening at the National Rifle Association.

I am in my second term as a Board member, and I am deeply concerned about the actions and statements being made. The recent statements by Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows that are appearing in the Wall Street Journal, and now other news outlets, are outright lies. I have never been told, advised, informed or consulted about any of these details mentioned in the WSJ, and who knows how much more despicable spending of members’ money.

These statements have maliciously, recklessly and purposefully put me, and uninformed Board members, in legal jeopardy.

Prior to the NRAAM in Indianapolis I sent an email to Wayne LaPierre’s managing director, Millie Hallow, expressing my sentiment that Wayne LaPierre resign immediately.

I also drafted a memo entitled “Resolution of Concerns,” both of these statements are known to the NRA Board. It is imperative that the NRA cleans its own house. If we had done so in Indianapolis, much of this could have been rectified.

I do not support Wayne LaPierre continuing as the EVP/CEO of the NRA. The vote in Indianapolis was by acclamation, not roll call vote. There is a cabal of cronyism operating within the NRA and that exists within the Board of Directors. It must cease, and I do not care if I draw their angst. My duty and responsibility is to the Members of the National Rifle Association, and my oath, since July 31, 1982, has been to the Constitution of the United States, not to any political party, person, or cabal.

The NRA Board of 76 is too large and needs to be reduced to 30 or less. We need term limits of four (4) terms on the Board. We need to focus the NRA, the nation’s oldest civil rights organization on its original charter, mission, training and education in marksmanship, shooting sports, and the defense of the Second Amendment.

I will dedicate all my efforts to the reformation of the National Rifle Association and its members, of whom I am proud to serve.

It sickens me to publicly make this statement, but I will not allow anyone to damage my honor, integrity, character, and reputation. Needless to say, there are those who have willingly done so to their own.

Steadfast and Loyal,
    Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West (US Army, Retired)
    Member, 112th US Congress
    Patriot Life Benefactor, Board Member, National Rifle Association

Read more https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/statement-regarding-nra/

:popcorn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads