• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Got Training ??

Sharing my recent very positive experience with the training cadre at ATFT for their two day AR/Pistol class. Taught by 2 instructors with alot of military and law enforcement training and real world experience. Learned much about mindset, AR history, AR design and practical operation of the AR - and it was just a good all-round group to shoot with - at least in my class. No heavy egos with the 'my way is the only way'.. attitude. Relaxed and yet a bit intense and challenging enough. Second day got into carbine to pistol transitions and both days had a lot of range time with lots of practical drills that revealed where I need to get better.

I also figured out how my sling ( blue force VCAS ) really needed to be set up for me and I gained some confidence while also identifying areas of improvement.

Clearing malfunctions and mag changes under stress are much easier said than done. I think most of us tend to think we can do these things without having been properly trained to do them. Dangerous perspective. Once you fumble through these motions and realize your butt would have been dead in a defensive situation, the wake-up call is received.

This was my 4th class with ATFT and I will keep going back. The price of the training was very reasonable for the value it provides. Instructors for classes I have taken have always fostered a positive learning environment.

I'm convinced that not enough of us who say we love life and liberty and shooting are serious enough about real training. (Talking about my old self too.)

Instead of buying up a bunch of safe queens, spend $$$ and your focus on training. I'm trying to catch up. I ignored the training aspect for too many years. Time shooting on a bench or even classical 3- position shooting does not cut it. This training was dynamic and yet safety was maintained very well.

You'll shoot easily 500+ rounds of AR and maybe 200 of pistol. Everybody in my class was stoked at how much fun we had and how much we all were learning. Much knowledge, stories and laughter was shared.

Do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom