• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    BTW, may I take it that the OAH is not subject to the Open Meetings Act?
    They are supposed to be open.

Catch is, the room is not a normal sized area, more of an office type space.

From what has been reported, the dates/times of the hearings are not published and the room is barely big enough to fit the parties involved let alone the "public".

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    They are supposed to be open.

Catch is, the room is not a normal sized area, more of an office type space.

From what has been reported, the dates/times of the hearings are not published and the room is barely big enough to fit the parties involved let alone the "public".

Reminiscent of the days of yore when the HPRB met in a small room because observers were neither expected nor encouraged.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    One party rule is pretty much insurmountable. Here in Maryland. When they make overwhelming decisions on legislation. The only recourse is the courts to challenge such. That takes years and the harm is already done.

I would like to see proposed legislation go through a REAL independent judicial proceeding first; before it ever gets to Maryland "law makers". That way, a lot of this unconstitutional crap would be put into the hopper before it ever saw daylight.

Maryland liberal legislatures astound me. Been listening a lot to C4 and the rest for weeks and Wbal talk radio and they are starting to "get it".

Of course the messages are too late and the shit turd has formed and is being defecated onto the state of Maryland.

:sad20:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    was listing online today and thought they said it is not subject to the open meetings act. they are now checking with the chief judge of OAH to see if they can clear the backlog in 45 days..
    8.33 hearings per day clears a backlog of ~250 in 6 calendar weeks (5 business days per week) with no missed business days.

It can be done if they can crank out 8.3 rubber stamp denials a day. Shouldn't be an issue.

I was under the impression they are subject to open meetings.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    8.33 hearings per day clears a backlog of ~250 in 6 calendar weeks (5 business days per week) with no missed business days.

It can be done if they can crank out 8.3 rubber stamp denials a day. Shouldn't be an issue.

I was under the impression they are subject to open meetings.

The "old" HPRB was able to do that easily...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom