• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    legal, practically unenforceable, and does not remove all other legal tenant rights, but best to keep looking, can bet the jackwagon that came up that has other BS in the lease too.

Not necessarily. As I mentioned, I had a real estate lawyer remove it. I’ve seen it in a number of DIY leases that you can download from websites.

If you like the place, it doesn’t hurt much to ask for it to be removed.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If she has/wants a handgun for self-defense, tell her to store it in a drawer safe. If the landlord sees it and asks what's in it - it contains important documents like passports and loan documents. AFAIK, no landlord has the right to inspect a tenant's property and force them to open a safe for them.

Or, just find a better place to live that deserves her money more.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Legal, huh?

So what other civil rights can they legally deny their tenants?
    Can they forbid women to vote? Ban prayer?

Can they force me to let Redcoats sleep on my sofa?

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    She has it stored in a biometric small pistol safe, she is probably good to go. When I move though, it's going to be pretty obvious if I move in since my safes are larger and I'm packing 10+ guns that are mostly rifles ={

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What happens when someone doesn't like Lance Armstrong? No bicycles on the premises?

How about pill popping Tigers? No golf clubs allowed?

Just how radical can a person get when drawing up a lease?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    What happens when someone doesn't like Lance Armstrong? No bicycles on the premises?

They can get VERY radical. And not just leases. Some HOA rules are absurd

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

There are lots of "Adults Only" communities all over the country.

Not "for the children."

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****I own several rental properties in MoCo and my property manager had the no gun clause as part of a boiler plate lease in the townhouse communities we have rentals in. I had the clause removed. I think it's pretty common now, at least in MoCo due to liability and also the hoplophobic nature of many people in this area.

I've never had a problem with tenants and their guns per se, but did once get a call from a neighbor to a tenant of mine who was concerned that he saw the tenant remove "an arsenal" of guns and ammo boxes out of his car. Turns out the "arsenal" was a shotgun and muzzleloader rifle, and some ammo for DNR hunter safety for a hunting license qualification class. Nothing illegal at all, but to someone not into guns, it might seem like an "arsenal". I guess a non-arsenal would be one (small) gun, one (small) bullet, and perhaps a paper target or something.. I think it was Andrew Cuomo who said "Nobody needs more then 10 bullets to kill a deer!!!!" :lol2:

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    *****I own several rental properties in MoCo and my property manager had the no gun clause as part of a boiler plate lease in the townhouse communities we have rentals in. I had the clause removed. I think it's pretty common now, at least in MoCo due to liability and also the hoplophobic nature of many people in this area.

I've never had a problem with tenants and their guns per se, but did once get a call from a neighbor to a tenant of mine who was concerned that he saw the tenant remove "an arsenal" of guns and ammo boxes out of his car. Turns out the "arsenal" was a shotgun and muzzleloader rifle, and some ammo for DNR hunter safety for a hunting license qualification class. Nothing illegal at all, but to someone not into guns, it might seem like an "arsenal". I guess a non-arsenal would be one (small) gun, one (small) bullet, and perhaps a paper target or something.. I think it was Andrew Cuomo who said "Nobody needs more then 10 bullets to kill a deer!!!!" 2:
    Please buy property in glen burnie and rent to me lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I've never had a problem with tenants and their guns per se, but did once get a call from a neighbor to a tenant of mine who was concerned that he saw the tenant remove "an arsenal" of guns and ammo boxes out of his car. Turns out the "arsenal" was a shotgun and muzzleloader rifle, and some ammo for DNR hunter safety for a hunting license qualification class. Nothing illegal at all, but to someone not into guns, it might seem like an "arsenal". I guess a non-arsenal would be one (small) gun, one (small) bullet, and perhaps a paper target or something.. I think it was Andrew Cuomo who said "Nobody needs more then 10 bullets to kill a deer!!!!" :lol2:

He obviously hasn't been to Delmarva and hunted public land during gun season. I've heard an easy 13-14 rounds fired off in about half as many seconds from within WMA boundaries and darned certain it wasn't a party opening up on geese. Pretty sure it was a spray and pray at a running deer (either multiple people, or just as likely one guy loaded over the capacity limits for deer hunting).

Now an ethical or skilled hunter shouldn't need more than 1 or 2...:D

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Legal, huh?

So what other civil rights can they legally deny their tenants?
    Can they forbid women to vote? Ban prayer?

Can they force me to let Redcoats sleep on my sofa?
    An individual private citizen cannot by definition deny anyone’s civil rights, only a government can do that. The BOR is our rights afforded to us that the government cannot infringe upon. A private citizen can poop all over you, except for whatever laws are on the books. There’s a difference between laws and civil rights. A landlord can deny you every single one of your civil rights if he feels like it, unless it’s against a law or ordinance.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    An individual private citizen cannot by definition deny anyone’s civil rights, only a government can do that. The BOR is our rights afforded to us that the government cannot infringe upon. A private citizen can poop all over you, except for whatever laws are on the books. There’s a difference between laws and civil rights. A landlord can deny you every single one of your civil rights if he feels like it, unless it’s against a law or ordinance.

This is the best explanation so far.

cechk01

Oct 2, 2015
    PRMD
    ughh, I'll be looking to rent a place in glen burnie within 2 months, I really hope I dont run to this stupid clause everywhere.

I have rented 3 times in the past 5 years. I have never seen a no firearms clause. You can just ask ahead of time so you don't waste your money on a application fee to see the lease. I typically play it off as being a hunter, and ask if there are any issues with me having a shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom