• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    FVCK Kommiefornia.

Just get the regular Rugar HBAR.

I dont know what kind of magic spell and magic magazine buttons they used to make this Kommiefornia safe, but you could not pay me to take it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    FFL will not do the transfer to you unless its MD compliant HBAR. IF it does not say HBAR, you will have FFL problems IMO.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I wonder if you can knock out that plastic triangle easily and have a functional grip?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    FFL will not do the transfer to you unless its MD compliant HBAR. IF it does not say HBAR, you will have FFL problems IMO.

I looked it up, and I can't find product 8510 (this rifle) on Ruger's website, but I do see the 8500, the standard rifle which has a "medium" profile barrel. I see the standard Ruger rifle being sold in MD at a few FFL/dealers, so I thought this one may be legal.

Ruger;
    https://ruger.com/products/ar556/specSheets/8500.html

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    According to Ruger, the state compliant 8511 has a heavy barrel. The 8510 is a state compliant rifle, so I would think it is closer to the 8511 than the 8500.
    https://ruger.com/products/ar556/specSheets/8511.html

MD firearms list
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx?Paged=TRUE&p_Manufacturer=MISC&p_Status=Banned&p_ID=89&PageFirstRow=201&&View={EB794138-CE9C-4E9E-B3D2-B78C316F87DF}

Sirex