• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    Does anyone know when the Ruger Wrangler may actually make it on the handgun roster? I am Jonesing for one of these. :D

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    It was not submitted for the June meeting. Next one is in Sept. I've got one sitting at my FFL waiting to be submitted.

I submitted a request via their web site. Nowhere is it stated that an actual revolver be submitted. I received an email saying I needed to submit an actual revolver. I emailed back and asked how that was possible since I cannot buy one till it has been approved. I am still awaiting an answer.

Fox Mike

Apr 24, 2010
    Havre de Grace
    You can purchase one (which is what I did), you just can't have it transferred to you. It would sit in your FFL's safe and could be submitted by your FFL.

And what happens if it isn't approved? You are then out the purchase price and the dealer has a revolver that they cannot sell.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And what happens if it isn't approved? You are then out the purchase price and the dealer has a revolver that they cannot sell.

Leaving aside the highly unlikely scenario of a Ruger revolver not making the roster, the FFL can always transfer it another FFL out of state. Yes, some money's lost in the process, but it's not like you describe.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Since presumably you paid for it up front, you have equity ownership, albeit not legal possession . You could then offer it for sale out of state, using internet or whatever , and the FFL could then ship it to the buyer's FFL . Subject of course to such transfer and storage fees as FFL would charge .

Conversely , if a Md FFL feels that it would be a hot seller, that he could profitably sell as part of his inventory , the dealer would initiate the HGRB process with his investment , and when approved , you would purchase from him.

Yes, from the beginning , a sample gun had to be submitted .

The odds of it not being approved are as near zero as anything gets in Md, so there really isn't any risk . Just the inconvenience of the wait .

As a trivia question , does any body know of a non- EBR derived handgun being disapproved since the time of Derringers with spur triggers ?

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Dragging this up again to say 'thanks' to those trying to get this on the roster. I'm even doubly excited after I saw someone here post a pic of the wrangler with blackhawk/single six wood grips...

I dont own a pistol in .22 and have been looking at the higher priced Ruger revolvers for years. Everytime I get enough play money in the bank to pick something in .22 up, I end up with another 357 :) .

Anyway, this will totally fit the bill.

Need to check the date to see when we'd be allowed to order once it passes.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I did a search but didn't find how long AFTER the roster meeting tomorrow, that the handgun is ADDED to the roster.

What I mean to ask is:

The Ruger Wrangler is submitted for the meeting tomorrow. How long does it take the committee to approve it, or is there a certain time period that they deliberate after the meeting before approval?

Appreciate any responses. I'm really excited to purchase my first 22lr revolver.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I did a search but didn't find how long AFTER the roster meeting tomorrow, that the handgun is ADDED to the roster.

What I mean to ask is:

The Ruger Wrangler is submitted for the meeting tomorrow. How long does it take the committee to approve it, or is there a certain time period that they deliberate after the meeting before approval?

Appreciate any responses. I'm really excited to purchase my first 22lr revolver.

I believe there's a thirty day objection period after board approval. After that it is placed on the roster.

59f100292

May 20, 2012
    tomorrow marks 30 days I believe? Will it hit the roster? Monday? Then I just have to wait 7 days for my cool down period for a gun I purchased 5 months ago...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Alas, no. First they have to have a meeting. Then they publish the results in the Maryland Register. 30 days after that, you can buy. And the results weren't published until the 11 October edition.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Alas, no. First they have to have a meeting. Then they publish the results in the Maryland Register. 30 days after that, you can buy. And the results weren't published until the 11 October edition.

You happen to have a link? I figured it would be posted in the Minutes from the Sept 11 meeting but they haven't posted it yet. At least not on the msp site.

Thanks

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Yes, it is. And I'd like to see ditching it made a part of a 2020 legislative offensive plan. We play pure defense too often - it's time to go on offense.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Sure you can say it. Even the people behind it know it's crap but they'll never admit it on the record. To them it's nothing more than a stepping stone to more and more onerous laws and prohibitions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom