• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I bought my first shotgun at the Timonium show a long time ago. I'll be there tomorrow looking for my first revolver. Hopefully there will be a decent sized crowd.

I bought my first shotgun there as well. In fact, that was the only firearm I ever bought at a MD gun show.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I went this morning. Not that crowded. If you are looking for reloading supplies, there was a guy that had a couple tables of powder, primers, etc.
    Prices were all over the place for stuff. Some new vendors thought they could rape people while folks like SCSG and a couple others had normal pricing.
    There was a shop from Chestertown that had a BNIB Fde M9A3 for $699. They were on the far left wall as you walk in. If didn’t already have one, I would have grabbed it.
    Didn’t have time to stop by the MSI table, but when I walked by, they were well engaged with folks.
    I saw a M1 garand on a table that they guy wanted like $1500 for it. Ok I get some are worth more, this god awful thing had a polished lacquer finish. It was a travesty in my eyes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Beo & I had the opportunity to inspect somthing I had never seen in the wild before .

A Smith & Wesson New Model No 3 . ( .44cal breaktop , The basic model began 1870 , the newer style grip frame introduced iirc circa 1880 . Continued to be catalogued until 1915 , but production of frames, etc wrapped up 1898 , and 20th century sales were either NOS , or assembled from stockpile of components .

Very good condition , looks as if spent 100 plus yrs in a sock drawer . Too rich for my or Beo's wallet today , but a good price for the condition . Same seller had V prefix Victory .

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Good show for me. Didn't buy anything but, I finally met RoadDawg. Probably passed up on the deal of the show but, I'm getting picky in my old age.

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    I went this morning. Not that crowded. If you are looking for reloading supplies, there was a guy that had a couple tables of powder, primers, etc.
    Prices were all over the place for stuff. Some new vendors thought they could rape people while folks like SCSG and a couple others had normal pricing.
    There was a shop from Chestertown that had a BNIB Fde M9A3 for $699. They were on the far left wall as you walk in. If didn’t already have one, I would have grabbed it.
    Didn’t have time to stop by the MSI table, but when I walked by, they were well engaged with folks.
    I saw a M1 garand on a table that they guy wanted like $1500 for it. Ok I get some are worth more, this god awful thing had a polished lacquer finish. It was a travesty in my eyes.

Was the shop from Chestertown Molly's ?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Maryland Gun shows stopped being enjoyable for many reasons several years ago. Once I got my FFL03 it got even less enjoyable. If I were a dealer/retailer I'd have already left yhe state for business reasons. Say what you want about support but IMHO this state continues to inexorably move towards the California model of 2A rights refusal so I will seek out jurisdictions that show respect for my rights. I'm not going to 2 states for supplies when I can get everything I want, (except modern handguns which I haven't bought in 5 years) including a nice day trip to Hershey Park, the Battlefield or PA Dutch Country, by going to York or Gettysburg

FWIW, I attend the Bel Air show because of the Isaak Walton League

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Maryland Gun shows stopped being enjoyable for many reasons several years ago. Once I got my FFL03 it got even less enjoyable. If I were a dealer/retailer I'd have already left yhe state for business reasons. Say what you want about support but IMHO this state continues to inexorably move towards the California model of 2A rights refusal so I will seek out jurisdictions that show respect for my rights. I'm not going to 2 states for supplies when I can get everything I want, (except modern handguns which I haven't bought in 5 years) including a nice day trip to Hershey Park, the Battlefield or PA Dutch Country, by going to York or Gettysburg

FWIW, I attend the Bel Air show because of the Isaak Walton League

So they win. Nobody goes to the shows. So no more shows.

They win.

Thank you.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So they win. Nobody goes to the shows. So no more shows.

They win.

Thank you.

Who loses then? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but if I can go to a gun store and buy what's at the gun show, what am I actually losing? The days of getting maga deals at gun shows is over. With the advent of on line sales, I can get ANY used firearms I want, sent to my ffl.

I won't have to walk past old army surplus items, no white socks, no jerky, and best yet, I don't have to pay as much as $10 to go to the store.

I used to be a very big supporter of MD gun shows. But why now? I can make a call to John Lowe and I'll pay less there than just about any vendor at a gun show. He will also do private transfers, the best of both worlds.

I don't mean to diss the gun show folks, but the small shows in Maryland aren't what they once were. Mainly due to MD laws. The better vendors won't come into Maryland because many of their items can't be sold in Maryland or it's just too much of a hassle to have a MD trailer and an everywhere else trailer.

When Preston Jones ran the shows in the Baltimore area, it was a different time. Now it's like going to a flea market, not a gun show.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Who loses then? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but if I can go to a gun store and buy what's at the gun show, what am I actually losing? The days of getting maga deals at gun shows is over. With the advent of on line sales, I can get ANY used firearms I want, sent to my ffl.

I won't have to walk past old army surplus items, no white socks, no jerky, and best yet, I don't have to pay as much as $10 to go to the store.

I used to be a very big supporter of MD gun shows. But why now? I can make a call to John Lowe and I'll pay less there than just about any vendor at a gun show. He will also do private transfers, the best of both worlds.

I don't mean to diss the gun show folks, but the small shows in Maryland aren't what they once were. Mainly due to MD laws. The better vendors won't come into Maryland because many of their items can't be sold in Maryland or it's just too much of a hassle to have a MD trailer and an everywhere else trailer.

When Preston Jones ran the shows in the Baltimore area, it was a different time. Now it's like going to a flea market, not a gun show.

The lower the attendance numbers go for Maryland Gun Shows... the more it reinforces and emboldens the anti-gunners that their hold on Maryland is a lock. They continue to promote more restrictive infringements and fell completely safe and justified in doing so. Because... after all... "it's MARYLAND and gun owners here don't even care enough to attend their own shows."

When they wet their finger and point it up to see which way the winds are blowing... Greater attendance numbers show greater resistance to their anti-gun agenda. Then maybe... they don't feel so secure in their polling for the next infringement planned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom