• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Interesting video on the effects of Gun Control in England. Ever wonder why people from all these countries that suffer from gun control such as England, Australia, and Venezuela always warn us but we don't listen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCxco2y-3ww&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1YmJ0nUyR9-23AI8jZEqhQp3R8-SWGLW5sWtaSRj03sc3jZM8mm9j8gZU

Because in this state we are governed by the highest bidder? The Crown is well pleased, BTW.

I'll try to make it Sat. In my PP regalia. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Interesting video on the effects of Gun Control in England. Ever wonder why people from all these countries that suffer from gun control such as England, Australia, and Venezuela always warn us but we don't listen?

The bit about Tony Martin is infuriating.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
      untitled.jpg
      36.8 KB · Views: 509

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dick Heller Alert

Being privy to a little behind the scenes action trust me when I say that this is shaping up to be a yuge rally. And one of our own banned camp Hall of Fame members might be a speaker.

And Dick Heller is going to be there with the Patriot Picket. We are shooting a promo video in DC later this week, will share when it happens.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    My gorgeous and much-loved wife and I
    will be at sea on a Caribbean
    cruise on 2 Nov. Dang!!!!
    Otherwise, we would both surely join you all
    there...missing this rally and the PP get
    together in Ca’vert County...my timing stinks.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Being privy to a little behind the scenes action trust me when I say that this is shaping up to be a yuge rally. And one of our own banned camp Hall of Fame members might be a speaker.

And Dick Heller is going to be there with the Patriot Picket. We are shooting a promo video in DC later this week, will share when it happens.

The problem being that no matter how large the rally the mainstream media will ignore it or downplay it. At best it will be reported in passing...unless something bad happens...no matter how isolated it will get reported negatively towards gun owners.

It will probably get coverage on Fox and some other conservative news sources but that's about it. The Washington Post might give it a small mention in the Metro section.

That's just life in America today...if you're politically correct and march in robotic lockstep with the Leftists you get a lot of positive coverage. Otherwise...not so much.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The problem being that no matter how large the rally the mainstream media will ignore it or downplay it. At best it will be reported in passing...unless something bad happens...no matter how isolated it will get reported negatively towards gun owners.

It will probably get coverage on Fox and some other conservative news sources but that's about it. The Washington Post might give it a small mention in the Metro section.

That's just life in America today...if you're politically correct and march in robotic lockstep with the Leftists you get a lot of positive coverage. Otherwise...not so much.

The purpose of attending these rallies are not primarily to have the MSM cover them. Have you not ever hung out with your like minded friends on the weekend instead of the douchebags that you work with? Kind of the same thing here.

The social media presence will dwarf whatever the MSM would do with a three minute clip on a Saturday night newscast anyway.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I am pleased to state that Maryland Shall Issue is in full support of the Nov. 2 rally. Numbers matter. A lot. Please join us there.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    The purpose of attending these rallies are not primarily to have the MSM cover them. Have you not ever hung out with your like minded friends on the weekend instead of the douchebags that you work with? Kind of the same thing here.

The social media presence will dwarf whatever the MSM would do with a three minute clip on a Saturday night newscast anyway.

It would be excellent and auspicious if a component of the rally were a well organized undertaking to gather contact information, along with indications of areas of interest, to serve as a platform for follow-up and spin-off actions. To praphrase Rohm, "Never let a good rally go waste."

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida

Amen!!!
    Every year, my family and I attend the
    Pro-Life March in DC around the
    anniversary of Roe vs Wade...the usual
    crowd exceeds 600,000
    marchers...last year, VP Pence was a
    speaker onstage and the President spoke on the big screen...hardly any mention at all in the national media, except Fox. Covered
    live and in its entirety by EWTN.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

Amen!!!
    Every year, my family and I attend the
    Pro-Life March in DC around the
    anniversary of Roe vs Wade...the usual
    crowd exceeds 600,000
    marchers...last year, VP Pence was a
    speaker onstage and the President spoke on the big screen...hardly any mention at all in the national media, except Fox. Covered
    live and in its entirety by EWTN.

As the guy working the civil disturbance line... Stove gets it better than anyone I've seen here before. These are pep rallies. They motivate the faithful. That's the real purpose. We have literally dozens of demonstrations/ rallies/ protests in DC everyday. Unless they lead to confrontations they don't make the news. Even if they do lead to confrontations they don't usually make the news. I've lost track of how many "mass arrests" I've participated in. You've never heard of 99.9% of them, they didn't make the news.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    When I was a federal LEO I worked a number of demonstrations. The media has certain tactics to either promote the cause or show it it be minor. At one demonstration advertised to be large was grossly outnumbered by law enforcement and the media...maybe all of eighteen protesters. What the media does is give a very tight shot of the protesters making their numbers look bigger than they are...or show a wide shot of a small number of demonstrators if they don't approve of the cause and call it "sparsely attended". If it's a large number of say...pro-gun rights people...the media will center on the one guy wearing cammies with buttons saying "I'd Rather Be Killing Communists" or similar and make him appear to be representative of the rest...even if the rest were dressed professionally.

The media is very dishonest in how they show an event...but we already know that.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I'm trying to decide on the "uniform of the day". Probably gonna be my "We will not comply" Patriot Picket Annapolis shirt.

Sting

Member, League the Armed
    Apr 28, 2013
    Rockville

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom