• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokeEaterPilot

Jun 3, 2011
    Found this earlier in the year at NARA.

Was saving it for today.

So Happy Birthday because today is your day!

HfoM8vJ.jpg

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    The greatest battle implement ever
    developed...I am going to pull one or two
    out and hug them!!

May I suggest you all consider joining the
    Garland Collectors Association (GCA)?

Thank you, John C. Garand!!!!

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    The greatest battle implement ever
    developed...I am going to pull one or two
    out and hug them!!

May I suggest you all consider joining the
    Garland Collectors Association (GCA)?

Thank you, John C. Garand!!!!

Just renewed my membership last month. :thumbsup:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    IMG_1447.jpg This is the oldest one I own, the 4 was struck very hard and appears different from the other digits. The only other old parts that remain with the rifle are a 44 barrel and a tg with the concentric rings, maybe some of the internals I cant remember right now. It has had the 7th rnd mod done to it and loads and cycles very smoothly. Like a set of rail cars clicking along the joints of the tracks.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Garand and his little cousin Carbine.

Attachments

• 071B93EC-C123-4AA6-A519-3223F417ABD3.jpg
      071B93EC-C123-4AA6-A519-3223F417ABD3.jpg
      124 KB · Views: 255

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Thanks for posting! Gotta love a Garand, they have been a staple in my collection for ~40 years. Downsizing now and only keeping 3-4 now (C, D, my DCM gun from the early 80's, etc.). I've sold a few over the last several months are posting up the rest in the classifieds here along with may others from my collection. Everyone needs an original Type 1 NM, etc. in their collection ;^)

And no one can really call themselves a shooter unless they've experienced "M1 thumb" LOL take care

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Never experienced M1 Thumb...came close a couple of times but was aware of it enough to avoid it...so far!

Same here. Though I’ve probably only put 20 or so clips through Garands. Might happen eventually. I do almost always wear gloves when shooting mine. Well, usually when shooting guns in general. But especially my garand. Figure it might blunt the bolt pinch a little.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I was bitten once perhaps 35 years ago and that was enough. Good lesson..... Take care....

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    View attachment 269089 This is the oldest one I own, the 4 was struck very hard and appears different from the other digits. The only other old parts that remain with the rifle are a 44 barrel and a tg with the concentric rings, maybe some of the internals I cant remember right now. It has had the 7th rnd mod done to it and loads and cycles very smoothly. Like a set of rail cars clicking along the joints of the tracks.

Beautiful!
    I have one about 1300 rifles later, rebuilt in ‘66...got it CMP apparently unfired except for CMP testing...don’t have the heart to shoot her...I have others for that...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I used to own #814...had the later updates and welded up clip guide rib. Selling it helped put my daughter through college so it served its purpose. I also at one time owned M1903 #694. It seemed in really nice shape until you looked down the barrel...apparently someone in the past didn't know you had to properly clean the bore after using corrosive ammunition of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom