• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I just was browsing Gunbroker and the HBAR AR's aint cheap. Looks like the sellers are reading the news.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    In an auction scenario it's the buyers that drive the price...sellers can fan the flames but buyers who don't do their homework set the price. PT Barnum was right.

If nothing else...this is the opportunity for those who bought during the last panic to recover their investments at someone else's expense...just like they did by overpaying several years ago.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    In an auction scenario it's the buyers that drive the price...sellers can fan the flames but buyers who don't do their homework set the price. PT Barnum was right.

If nothing else...this is the opportunity for those who bought during the last panic to recover their investments at someone else's expense...just like they did by overpaying several years ago.

Bingo, I know folks that paid damn near 2,000 for a colt H-bar at the height of the panic in 2013, for what should have been a 750 dollar ar-15 at best imo.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Bingo, I know folks that paid damn near 2,000 for a colt H-bar at the height of the panic in 2013, for what should have been a 750 dollar ar-15 at best imo.

Similar. I picked up a non-HBAR in the panic of 2013.

Only firearm I own that is not worth at least what I paid for it.

Maybe I should flog it now. :)

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    IMO, any decent AR, but especially Colt's, is an investment that will yield large returns in the not too distant future. I've bought a metric ton of them for just that reason.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    IMO, any decent AR, but especially Colt's, is an investment that will yield large returns in the not too distant future. I've bought a metric ton of them for just that reason.

I'd be willing to bet there are many folks out there doing the same :)

the panic of 2013, taught many folks hard lessons, and others how to make money/ a lesson on capitalism :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Damn. I just bought a Colt AR-10 in 6.5CM for $1200 2 weeks ago.....

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Some are blasting Colt, saying they are just playing games. Personally, I took them at their word. They took time off from civilian sales to catch up on multiple contracts. Now thay ere caught up and back in the civvie market.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Some are blasting Colt, saying they are just playing games. Personally, I took them at their word. They took time off from civilian sales to catch up on multiple contracts. Now thay ere caught up and back in the civvie market.

Agree. People didn’t pay attention to what they actually said.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    I really just think they had to get their house in order and deliver on their contractual commitments. Losing to FN stung.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The word I got was Colt scrounged through their parts bins and came up with parts to build something like 350 rifles and ship them immediately while bringing the civilian product back on line. Regardless of whether that's the case...it's good to see them jumping back into a market that's hot again. That's marketing 101...build a product when everyone is buying it...don't build it when no one is buying. Their management would be remiss if they didn't take advantage of a market to service...and it's a market they originated years ago and are eminently capable of servicing.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    When Colt suspended production of civilian rifles to catch up on foreign contracts they gave the explicit caveat that should conditions change they would revisit the decision. I don't see what's surprising about them doing just that? Conditions changed and they restarted AR/M4 production for the masses. I'm sure they'll continue to keep building as long as conditions exist that there's a market. Should the current political insanity calm down production will slow or be suspended again once sales cool.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Feel bad for those who paid $3000k + for the M4A1 SOCOM. I bought two from Arms Unlimited for $1450 and sold one for that price to an MDS member and the other for $2950 on Armslist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom