• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sid.

Feb 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Are there any issues with using a Romanian bolt carrier in an Arsenal SAM7r? I can't find any Arsenal carriers in stock anywhere. I'd like to get a KNS adjustable gas piston, but would rather work on a backup carrier and not the original.

Also - I'm seeing some people say that you need to check headspace when you swap a carrier and some people say it's only necessary with a bolt swap. Any insight on this is much appreciated!

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Romanian AKM carrier will not work in a milled Bulgarian SAM7R. I tried two AKM carriers in mine, Romanian and Russian and neither would go into battery, with or without a bolt in the carrier. The milled carrier impacts the right side of the trunnion, whereas the stamped carrier impacts the left side of the trunnion. Hope this helps.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    why do you need a carrier? Never heard of a Arsenal carrier failure. Is it just the adjustable piston?

Sid.

Feb 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Yeah, I want to avoid modifying my original carrier. I haven’t tested the rifle with my suppressor yet so maybe I’ll be OK.

Worst case scenario, I’ll just suck it up and drill into the original. It’s not like I’m going to be selling it any time soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom