• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Received my package from AIM Surplus today, and was pleased with what I saw. Date stamp: she89 (so it's made in 1989?). My only complaint is that the newer mag (looks like a mini-75 mag, with dimple at the bottom) doesn't lock in unless I slam it hard. Also, it only pops out about 1/2" when you eject it. THe one with the thicker floorplate, no dimple locks in perfectly, and practically launches across the room when you hit the mag release. It reminds me of those little G.I. Joe grenade launchers from when I was a kid ;).... ok back to the weapon.... :twisted:

What's inside?

holster_open.jpg

Finish is in pretty good shape.

stampings.jpg

Field Stripped. Notice 2 different mags :/

breakdown.jpg

Compared: CZ-75B mag on left, 82's on right:

magfronts.jpg

Stamp inside holster:

holsterstamp.jpg

Big and little brother:

yin_yang.jpg

locked.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I called AIM to see if they'd accept a faxed copy, they said it was no problem but recommended that I call after it was sent just to make sure it was a "legible" copy. I faxed mine from Staples (for $1.89... ridiculous...) and called AIM over the phone to confirm that they got it. The nice lady asked if I'd like to place an order, so I did over the phone before I even paid for the fax ;)

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Smore is da' man. I am looking at those CZ's myself It is good to get feedback from our brothers here a Md shooters. Still thinking about the either the CZ 52 or the CZ82. Any thoughts?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Differences between the 2:

the CZ-52 uses a roller-locking mechanism similar to the H&K rifles to control blowback. They're reported to be very powerful, flat shooters using the 7.62x25mm Tokarev rounds, with about 1500fps muzzle velocity. I've got a friend who says he can hit 5/7 rounds on a man-sized target at 100 yds. One of the disadvantages is that these guns are old and the safeties are usually not very reliable, so you have to watch out for that.

The CZ-82 was the newer military/police issue pistol. It was one of the first (if not the first) guns to have an ambidextrous magazine release, and safety lever on a factory model. It has a polygonal bore too, which is interesting. I like this gun a lot more than the PPK/s, and I think it's a better choice than the Bulgarian Mak's that are floating around.

However, across the board I hear they're both good guns. I'll probably end up with a 52 at some point as well ;)

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    The the 52's 7.62x 25 Tokarov is a very hot round. My friend gets a kick out of it every time I bring it to the range because he says its just like watching tracers being fired off. You can watch the things glowing as they go down range.:) :rockon:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Smore is da' man. I am looking at those CZ's myself It is good to get feedback from our brothers here a Md shooters. Still thinking about the either the CZ 52 or the CZ82. Any thoughts?

Even though the two guns are very different and it all depends on what you like or what you want to do with them, that is the easiest question in the world to answer........... get both!!!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Looks like you got a nice one, lots of them have finish that is flaking off.

Yeah, my metal looks okay, but rd missing about 20% of the enamel. As much as I love Czs...I hate that they decided to use enamel in the 70s and 80s.

One year I want to strip the enamel off mine and rust blue the whole thing. A toss up if my Colt OP or my Cz82 is my favorite handgun I own (P1 is pretty close too). Admittedly I don’t own a 1911.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Yeah, my metal looks okay, but rd missing about 20% of the enamel. As much as I love Czs...I hate that they decided to use enamel in the 70s and 80s.

One year I want to strip the enamel off mine and rust blue the whole thing. A toss up if my Colt OP or my Cz82 is my favorite handgun I own (P1 is pretty close too). Admittedly I don’t own a 1911.

CZ makes a great pistol, I do like my 1911's though. i actually put 100 on another today.

jmike3543

Sep 10, 2018
    I've heard the ones from classic had rusting issues under the grips. Can anyone verify?

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    CZ-82's have been a round for a few years, with a few issues but rusting under the grips isn’t one of the more common one, worn springs, cracked grips, finish Leprosy are the most common. If someone kept it as a trunk gun and didn't keep it maintained you might find rust. If you want a good looking and better shooting CZ-82 do a deep cleaning, strip/ refinishing job, lub it up it metal on metal and replace the grips and worn springs with wolf. I would add find a couple non-Maryland 12 round magazines to round it out and you’ll have a fine small firearm that will last a few lifetimes.

Attachments

• CZ-82.jpg
      CZ-82.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 146

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads