• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

echurch89

Mar 1, 2019
    Ha. First post isn’t in the introduction section. Purchased a Sig P365 Arlantic yesterday. All my purchases since living in MD have been at Atlantic on 355. Great folks there and I’ll continue to support their business.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I brought my daughter in to Atlantic on her 18 birthday to have her buy her first gun. I was at first surprised at the policy but after giving it some thought it is a fantastic business decision! I was more than please to state in the affirmative that I was OK with her making the purchase. It was not a problem at all it would only be an issue if I had an objection and the policy was not in place.
    My house my rules.
    I have a rule about NO tattoos while you are under my roof and I think tattoo parlor should follow this particular business model. If I have no objection to that tattoo then I am happy to OK it, but if I have an objection it saves the battle at home. an 18 year old that lives at home and has a house rule against firearms is well served by the policy. Avoid the mistake and get Mom or Dad to agree before the purchase is made. Look forward to the new location, thanks for continuing to operate in the County

This is hilarious.

I'm sure the tattoo parlors and other gun shops are scrambling to change how they do business.

jmike3543

Sep 10, 2018
    Over many years Atlantic Guns has always stood up and dedicated countless hours and resources to numerous efforts to protect our Second Amendment rights in Maryland.

In the 1960’s Montgomery County was contemplating Draconian gun legislation and our founder George Schneider served on the ad hoc committee which helped defeat those efforts.

In the early 1980’s Montgomery County passed a ban on the sale of ammunition and Atlantic Guns was the plaintiff who prevailed in a lawsuit against the county.

In 1987 Atlantic Guns was a founding member of the Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, and has been a leader of the organization. Over the years MLFDA has been instrumental in leading the fight to protect Second Amendment rights in Maryland.

During the 2013 legislative session, Atlantic Guns was one of a very few Maryland dealers who spent countless hours meeting with legislators. As much as we are not happy with the law, had we not invested so much of our time, the law would have been much more restrictive.

When the 2013 assault weapons ban was passed, Atlantic Guns was one of the plaintiffs who challenged the law all the way to the Fourth Circuit. We actively supported the efforts of our legal team and were present in court every step of the way.

Currently, Atlantic Guns is the only dealer who is a plaintiff in a challenge to the Maryland’s HQL requirements.

In Maryland we face significant political challenges to our rights and fighting them takes a tremendous amount of time and energy. Atlantic Guns is proud to be doing all we can to make a difference.

Thank you for this post and for all you've done for gun rights in this State.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    This is hilarious.

I'm sure the tattoo parlors and other gun shops are scrambling to change how they do business.

Maybe other gunshop's should think about it , I think those who sell guns have a moral obligation to vet each sale , They are selling guns not cakes so the consequences are much greater than getting fat.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Maybe other gunshop's should think about it , I think those who sell guns have a moral obligation to vet each sale , They are selling guns not cakes so the consequences are much greater than getting fat.

Because mommy and daddy don't like guns? Plenty of rental agreements don't allow guns. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to purchase a gun. You're misunderstanding the purpose of that initial vetting obligation.

I would not support a gun shop that won't sell a gun for that reason. We already have enough unreasonable gun laws to deal with. I don't need gun shops denying perfectly legitimate customers for a dumb reason like that.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would not support a gun shop that won't sell a gun for that reason. We already have enough unreasonable gun laws to deal with. I don't need gun shops denying perfectly legitimate customers for a dumb reason like that.

It's not because "mommy and daddy don't like guns." It's because the kid that lives at home under mommy and daddy's rules will sometimes end up having to return the gun and undo a complicated, paperwork-infested transaction in a way that renders that new gun into a previously sold gun that can no longer return the margin that it ought to have when the it was purchased from the distributor for inventory.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Because mommy and daddy don't like guns? Plenty of rental agreements don't allow guns. That doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to purchase a gun. You're misunderstanding the purpose of that initial vetting obligation.

If your living in mommy and daddy's house it's there rules it's that simple .
    If I wasn't into guns I'd want to know if my kid has one in his room especially if there are other kids in the house , It's called parenting has nothing to do with rights , As my father said to me once when I said it's my right (I was18 )
    "As long as you live under my roof your right are what I say they are "
    "If that's not to your liking get a job , move out and pay for College your self "
    So his house his rules .

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    It's not because "mommy and daddy don't like guns." It's because the kid that lives at home under mommy and daddy's rules will sometimes end up having to return the gun and undo a complicated, paperwork-infested transaction in a way that renders that new gun into a previously sold gun that can no longer return the margin that it ought to have when the it was purchased from the distributor for inventory.

If your living in mommy and daddy's house it's there rules it's that simple .
    If I wasn't into guns I'd want to know if my kid has one in his room especially if there are other kids in the house , It's called parenting has nothing to do with rights , As my father said to me once when I said it's my right (I was18 )
    "As long as you live under my roof your right are what I say they are "
    "If that's not to your liking get a job , move out and pay for College your self "
    So his house his rules .

Hilarious...you guys are too much.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hilarious...you guys are too much.

Because ... we're right, and you don't like that retailers who've had to undo kid-at-home transactions and transfers many times over the years would prefer they don't have to do that tedious dance and put formerly new guns on the used rack for no reason? How is it hilarious? Say some substance on that, instead of lazily dismissing the people who mention it.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Because ... we're right, and you don't like that retailers who've had to undo kid-at-home transactions and transfers many times over the years would prefer they don't have to do that tedious dance and put formerly new guns on the used rack for no reason? How is it hilarious? Say some substance on that, instead of lazily dismissing the people who mention it.

These are all excuses for parents that are incapable of parenting. You want help from society. That's cute.

You do business with who you want and I'll do the same.

Either way I wish AG the best.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    These are all excuses for parents that are incapable of parenting. You want help from society. That's cute.

So ... you agree that AG should take into account that there is such a thing as bad parenting? That's exactly why they reserve the right to decline such transactions until they have just a little more information about their teenage customers. Or are you suggesting that in the name of vainly wishing that all parents were perfect, they should go ahead and send a kid home with a gun knowing the odds are very high that they'll have to mop up after that mess?

Who said anything about "wanting help from society?" I'm saying that private people should be able to choose when and whether to engage in commerce. That's not "cute," that's liberty. Yes, by all means, the market has room for retailers who don't worry about the cleanup, just like the market has rewarded AG with decades of loyal customers. That's what markets are all about.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    So ... you agree that AG should take into account that there is such a thing as bad parenting? That's exactly why they reserve the right to decline such transactions until they have just a little more information about their teenage customers. Or are you suggesting that in the name of vainly wishing that all parents were perfect, they should go ahead and send a kid home with a gun knowing the odds are very high that they'll have to mop up after that mess?

Who said anything about "wanting help from society?" I'm saying that private people should be able to choose when and whether to engage in commerce. That's not "cute," that's liberty. Yes, by all means, the market has room for retailers who don't worry about the cleanup, just like the market has rewarded AG with decades of loyal customers. That's what markets are all about.

I agree that AG has the right to do whatever they like.

We can also agree that if you are spending this much time justifying what you are saying then you probably don't believe it either.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I agree that AG has the right to do whatever they like.

We can also agree that if you are spending this much time justifying what you are saying then you probably don't believe it either.

What I'm doing is responding to the scolds that pop up with irrational complaints about a retailer's private policies. Saying that's a sign that I don't really believe a seller should adopt and follow their own sales rules is like saying that fighting for the 2A in Maryland every legislative season is a sign we don't really believe in that, either.

I'd say exactly the same thing if a couple of cranky posters in the Gymratz or Engage zones clucked about those proprietors making a decision not to sell a gun when their own radar goes off. It's a fundamental part of being a walk-in gun dealer.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    What I'm doing is responding to the scolds that pop up with irrational complaints about a retailer's private policies. Saying that's a sign that I don't really believe a seller should adopt and follow their own sales rules is like saying that fighting for the 2A in Maryland every legislative season is a sign we don't really believe in that, either.

I'd say exactly the same thing if a couple of cranky posters in the Gymratz or Engage zones clucked about those proprietors making a decision not to sell a gun when their own radar goes off. It's a fundamental part of being a walk-in gun dealer.

Not the same thing and you still don't understand the purpose of the initial vetting process.

I'll give you a hint. It isn't because you don't want to deal with returns. Just initiate a restocking fee.

Again...they are free to do what they want and we are all free to shop where we want. That doesn't mean we don't wish them the best.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just initiate a restocking fee.

You don't get to "just initiate a restocking fee" when the kid has put a few hundred rounds through it before his or her parents force them to undo the transaction. It's a used gun at that point, never mind the inevitable exciting round of ill will the parents dish out. This isn't just true of guns. Retailers of all kinds have to deal with this sort of thing.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

If this were really a huge problem, then why don’t more shops in MD have this policy? Because it’s nonsense that’s why. They have that policy because they want to, not because of a having to take back a bunch of guns from kids whose parents didn’t agree with them.
    I will say even though I don’t agree with it, that is their right to run it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    You don't get to "just initiate a restocking fee" when the kid has put a few hundred rounds through it before his or her parents force them to undo the transaction. It's a used gun at that point, never mind the inevitable exciting round of ill will the parents dish out. This isn't just true of guns. Retailers of all kinds have to deal with this sort of thing.

Your jibber jabber is draining.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom